Here to give any help or advice at all about Jacobs Bailiffs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought it was about time I just come out and say who I used to be employed by, otherwise some of my posts will be a little irrelevant.

So, basically, if anybody has any problems at all with Jacobs or just needs some advice then let me know because I know their methods inside out. I'm happy to let anyone know anything they want to know. All I want is for people to stop getting ripped off by any company but obviously I know a lot more about Jacobs than any other.

Oh and just to explain, it's not actually a company but a 'partnership' with three partners in control.

I'm here should anyone need to know anything.

Hi there,

Could you answer the following question:

Jacobs arrived at my husband's pbusiness premises and asked him to sign a Walking Possession Agreement stating quite clearly that goods would remain on the premises for five days. The debt was for business rates which he offered to pay on the day, but the council refused (they have since lied about this). Jacobs then proceeded to hike up the bill by several hundred pounds and stripped the premises of £20k worth of equipment (for a debt which originally stood at less than £500), preventing my husband from running his business. Are they legally entitled to do this?

I am at my wit's end because it seems clear to me that they acted illegally, but the council are refusing to admit liability, even though they employ these neanderthals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Jemima

hi wonder if you can help.on tuesday my mum got a letter through her door saying jacobs were coming to remove goods in 48 hours.

She had an arrangement to pay them 104 per fortnight which she was paying.in may she was 6 days late with 1 payment and the next thing this letter was delivered. sha has since made all payments on time. she phoned the bailiff and he said he wants 500 by 2o'clock today or he will come with police to remove. is he just threating her or can he really do this

hi wonder if you can help.on tuesday my mum got a letter through her door saying jacobs were coming to remove goods in 48 hours.

She had an arrangement to pay them 104 per fortnight which she was paying.in may she was 6 days late with 1 payment and the next thing this letter was delivered. sha has since made all payments on time. she phoned the bailiff and he said he wants 500 by 2o'clock today or he will come with police to remove. is he just threating her or can he really do this

NO THEY CANNOT DO THIS

lochnettie80 welcome to C A G

and tell your mum to try not to worry to much about this

there is plenty help on here it is always advisable to start your own thread Bailiffs and Sheriff Officers bottom of new page left hand side new thread

A lot depends on whether your mother PREVIOUSLY allowed a bailiff to come into her home and levy upon goods which would have been recorded on a Walking Possession.

If yes...then a bailiff COULD return back to remove those goods listed on the Walking Possession. HOWEVER....was there anything in writing from the bailiff co to advise your mother that payments had to be made on a specific date and warning of the consequences if a late payment had been made.

If the bailiff has never previously been into the home and no goods have been levied upon then the bailiff cannot do anything. However you need to ENSURE that a car is not outside your home.