Tmobile and 3 behaving badly!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two phones from Tmobile and one from 3. With 3 the contract ran out in May this year. However, I was paying my bill to them on time monthly by direct debit but was having problems with my account, so I asked them to change my account details to a joint account but they refused. I continued to ask them and they still refused, therefore, I paid them through my partners account, which they accepted as they did not return the payment. I then received bill with 'added extras' stating that I was not paying by direct debit, (I paid by standing order) but the bill was being paid. I refused to pay this extra money as it was them that refused to accept the change of account. They then said that if I did not pay the extra money, they would disconnect my phone, subsequently they did two months before my contract was up. They are now charging me for two months plus their added extras. I have asked them to send me the agreement I signed which states that they can do this. To date I have not received a response.

With Tmobile, I have had problems with this company over the past two years especially with my pay-as-you-go phone. I noticed money disappearing from my credit every time I used my phone, even though I had a five day pass. This happens nearly every month, however, they have reimbursed me. With my contract phone, I have been paying them continually, however, my last payment was made from my partners account. They then contacted me and told me that it had not been paid. I disputed this and my partner obtained details from her bank. They informed me that they would add late charges and I had to pay them or they would disconnect my phone. I again informed them that the bill had already been paid and they requested that I fax over the details which I did. I contacted them the same day to find out if it was received, it was. The next day I was contacted again stating that I needed to pay the money, I explained that the Accounts dept had details of the payment, she then said it had not been received and said that she would disconnect my phone. I was very annoyed by this time and insisted that it had been paid. She demanded payment and said that she was cut off my phone if it was not paid, I told her she could. I then checked my phone about 15 mins later and found that she did.

I have contacted Consumer Direct who advised me to write to both companies under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, however, I do not know which sections to apply to these cases. Can anyone advise me please. :confused:

Have you tried calling T-Mobile again to chase it up?

Did you pay via standing order to them as well? If so, don't forget these payment methods can take several days to reach the companies your paying and it can take some time for it to be updated on their systems when they do.

As for late payment charges if you didn't allow sufficient time for the payment to reach them then the only thing you could do is try the sympathy card or try giving [email protected] a little email.

CD are talking nonsense, I'm afraid. If the problem was revrsed, T-Mobile would have waived the charge as they do this for all electronic pament (not just DD's), whereas the rest - including 3UK do not - it is DDM or nothing.

I agree it is a scandal, and OFCOM is supposed to be reporting of the 'fairness' of this - there was a 'Sticky' warning of this, but the moderators in their wisdom removed it - so you'll need to search for it yourself.