brand new dreams bed gone wrong.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

we had a new bed delivered from dreams on 12th june this year.it cost 3800for the superking size mattress and the bedstead with built in tv.

all was well when delivered and installed and since that day we never needed to press the buttons on each side of the bed to lower the tv (hide it so it was put away as our sky box was connected to it.

the other day i unplugged the bed to plug the hoover in and when it was plugged back in the tv wouldnt work ,so we tried the buttons on the side of the bed and they didnt work either .the buttons then seemed to turn the tv on which they arent meant to do !!

the whole thing has gone wrong even tho it has had no use and is brand new.it is meant to be used daily and hasnt had even that.

as you can imagine we are really upset by this and no longer want the bed because if this is happening already and it only has a years warranty,then i dont hold out much hope after the year.

we are happy to keep the mattress which was 1100 pounds of the money as that is fine but the whole lot was bought on interest free credit with an agreement through dreams with barclays and we dont want to be paying for a bed of that price that doesnt work or gets fixed temporarily.

please help me .where do we stand? many thanks.

The Sale of Goods Act (on which I am no expert) says that if a fault develops within the first 6 months it is up to the supplier to prove the fault was not there all the time.

As this is clearly less than 6 months old, you don't really have to do anything except demand a repair or replacement.

The 1 year warranty is a statutory period of warranty. The SoGA states that good should be durable and should last a period of time a reasonable person would expect them to last.

I'm reasonable and I'd expect a bed & TV combination unit that cost nearly £4000 would last about 6 years at least.

Barclays may also be jointly liable as they are funding the purchase.

Someone with more knowledge on the SoGA will be along to help soon I'd imagine.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.