capital one credit card ppi response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah.

The fact the you agreed to the PPI isn't really the case, as obviously you would have had to accept it before you can reclaim it.

The issue is with the way it was sold to you.

Have you sent off a Subject Access Request?

The thing to remember here, and I say this a lot ... This isn't a get rich quick scheme. Im not gonna go on a moral crusade here, but the issue with mis-sold PPI is that it was mis-sold, it's not enough to just say, "Well everyone else is doing it, I might as well do it, it's money for nothing".

Im not saying that's what your doing, it's just an observation on how I think things are going.

What you really need to do is tell them why and how the PPI was mis-sold to you, did you do that?

Fill us in on exactly what you did to get to the stage of asking them for a refund ... I assume you didn't just write to them asking for a refund?

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Sorry, reading that back, it comes across as a bit snappy.

Can you give us more information on what you've done to date to get that reply, also what reasons did you give them that you thought the PPI was mis-sold.

Give us as much info' as possible (without going into personal details) and we'll help you out, that post isn't really detailed enough for us to give you reasonable advice.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

hi

when i applied for the credit card in 2005 it was done by filling in an application form by post hence them sending a copy of this in response to my claim

my reason for claiming is i thought i had to have this cover to qualify for the card , in the letter they sent me capital one say they sent me info on this subject but i dont recall reading anything and defo never spoke to anyone about it , also they state i had a cooling off period in which to cancel the cover from the start date

maybe i should reply back stating that i thought i had to include the ppi insurance in order to qualify for the credit card and that i never received any info on the matter ?????

Hello steve,

Have a look at these links they will provide you with some information on how PPI has been mis-sold.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

The second links has even more links here are a couple on reasons PPI was mis-sold

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Another link from PPI thread back in 2007

Can I complain about old PPI policy? | This is Money

Another useful site to help you reclaim missold PPI UPDATED 16 JUN 08

Reclaim your PPI premiums - payment protection insurance | This is Money

There is much much more the best advice I can give is read up on PPI then get your data then claim your money back.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.