You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ironical

Lloyds TSB CCA from 1983

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3778 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have a Lloyds TSB card from 1983, I have not requested the CCA yet, but wonder whether any one may have any feelings as to whether this is likely to be enforceable. I also have an Egg card from 1999 and have the original agreement, which I believe is probably unenforceable as it refers to "Approved Limit" and "Individual Limit" - not credit limit. Thanks in advance,

Guest Old_andrew2018

From information I've looked at on the site I would say that it is unlikely that Lloyds agreement is enforceable.

You could up-load the Egg agreement I am sure you will hear that its unenforceable, please remove any personal information before you do this.

Andy

Thanks for the reply, this was what I thought after reading much on the forum. As I have had heart problems I think I will now put this in the hands of a solicitor I have found who will take the worries out of my hands (for a reasonable fee). I have, and will continue to, maintain my payments until it is sorted in order to maintain my credit rating.

Ironcial

quick question you say you have a LLoyds TSB agreement from 1983? Surely that was before LLoyds and TSB merged.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Hi, I never thought about that, the original agreement must have been with Lloyds as they were our bank at that time. Wonder if this will make any difference, I was just about to start the ball rolling?

I take it you havent CCA'd them yet. Just out of interest did you take out the card as part of a current account package or was it separate?

Edited by Capricorn1601
didnt make sense

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

No I havent yet. Unfortunately, I can't remember how the card came, too long ago I'm afraid, think it may have been seperate. Cheers.

I have one from 1989 if that helps - unenforceable they were just called TSB then although the terms and conditions they put on the back related to Lloyds TSB - hilarious!

HH

Mine is from 1996 and was taken out as part of a current account. The current account was closed in 1998, but I kept the credit card. Hence no separate Credit Card agreement. I've been trying to find anyone else who has a card taken out like this but havent had much luck. Needless to say, the only thing I have had from LTSB is a reconsituted copy, which I am sure is fraud as there wasnt an agreement in the first place so how can they reconstitute it?

A quick follow up on this. I have put the case in the hands of a no win no fee company and have to day received a letter from Lloyds TSB stating

"As your agreement was before 19 May 1985 we have no obligation to supply you with a copy of your executed agreement. Despite this I have sent the following to *********, who are acting on your behalf.

a copy of your current terms and conditions: and

a signed statement of your account.

Despite the fact that we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of the original signed agreement, we are endeavouring to locate a copy, but please be assured we would not have opened a credit card account without having sight of a signed statement.

To sumarise, the agreement you have with us is fully enforceable and we shall continue to treat it as such. We will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the provision of copy agreements."

etc etc.

So I suppose that's me told then, as far as they are concerned I shouldn't bother them any more, or I will be ignored. As I am still paying the full monthly payment on this card and not using it, their response is hardly civil. They have increased my interest payments extortionately without due cause and yet I am a nuisance!!

Have to see what my claims firm says about this. Will post any further info as and when.

Mine was from 98 and although they supplied me with a remade copy claiming to be my agreement the letter with it read pretty much like yours.

They assure me there is a signed agreement then tell me its fully enforcable which must ofcourse be the truth.

Edited by Craigbadger