Is this agreement enforceable? Help needed!

Longwaydown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I've got a thread running in Lloyds forum, but doesn't seem to be getting much response. I would be grateful for your valued opinions on whether this agreement is enforceable:

ccardagreement.jpg

ccardagreement2.jpg

I've got MHA on my back, so I need to know whether to concede defeat or fight on.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there it may be worth looking at the agreement (I couldnt read it properly) to see if it includes:

(1) The rights & duties imposed on the debtor by the creditor (s.60(1)a);

(2) The amount & rate of the total charge for credit (s.60(1)b); t

(3) Information on protection & remedies available to the debtor (s.60(1)c); t

(4) the information in response to points 1 to 3 is clearly presented as part of the agreement (s.60(2)b)

(5) your signature (for agreements starting before 01.04.07 - s.61 (1)a)

Without all of these prescribed terms the CCA is improperly executed. Couldnt tell what the start date was but based on it being pre-2007 the following also applies:

An improperly executed agreement can only be enforced by a county court judge (s.65(1)). The creditor cannot make you pay. The law prevents a judge from enforcing an improperly executed agreement that has no signature (s.127(3)) This is why Caggers often say not to sign letters to DCAs etc for fear of creative photocopying! The 2006 Act revokes s.127(3) but not retrospectively i.e. this cannot be used for agreements started after 2007.

I'm a bit of a newbie, hope this helps. Bumping this thread, at the very least, may get it noticed by one of the stalwarts of this site.

Good luck!

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09

Having looked through the agreement, there doesn't appear to be an amount and rate of the total charge for credit, although it does list current monthly and APR rates. As this is a credit card, I would have thought a total charge would be difficult to set out?

Interestingly though, the agreement refers to parts 6,7,9 and 11, none of which have been provided under my SAR. Do I take it that the agreement is incomplete?