You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
    • Pleased to hear that.   A general comment, for future readers of this thread, from my experiences of being an Executor.   Most large companies have a centralised 'Bereavement' department and I've found it's best to notify the death to them rather than the general customer service call centres. Search the company's website for 'bereavement'.   The bereavement departments are in my experience staffed by people who understand the processes when someone dies both for the relatives/executors and within their own companies and they get things sorted efficiently. (I've never had to use Vodafone's though).
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
one20

Pending debt and Possible Redundancy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I'll try and keep this short.

Last year my house got reposessed and now I am in receipt of letters from the lenders' solicitors. I have asked for details of the deficit, how they sold the house, how much it was valued at etc and they have replied after about 6 weeks of my letter.

I have yet to respond to them. I'm employed fulltime and my ex (party to the mortgage) is not.

I have the option to take voluntary redundancy and the amount received would be less than the defecit the lenders have declared.

my question is, would the lender be able to take that money, or would it be dependant on when I receive it and when (if at all) they apply tor wither an attachment of earnings order or apply to make me bankrupt? If it is a matter of 'when' or 'if it is timed correctly' then I know that there is a certain amount of time litigation can take,

basically my concern is, there is no point me trying to make a clean start with the VR payment if they're just going to take the whole lot!

any advice would be highly appreciated, i've asked friends, but no one seems to know the answer.

What did they say in their reply?

Hi Pinky69

They sent me a reply to the effect that they acknowledged my letter. Sent a bundle of papers which had valuations etc, detailed when the account went into arrears, when the house was reposessed and the fact that they were unable to advise if there was any mortgage protection on the account. and then just the usual, we look forward to hearing from you..

Ps the house was valued at roughly 40k less than what it was bought by us (2 years prior). I believe it was highly undervalued, but they sent some other valuations of 'similar' properties in the region.

Firstly, you want to check through what they have sent you very carefully and ensure that the defecit is what they say it is. I have to say house values really crashed - my cousin's flat sold for £30000 less than its value at the same time. In addition, houses that are reposessed go for even less - all the lender cares about is a quick return and if you are left to pay the defecit, so be it as far as they are concerned. Your ex was party to the loan so she is responsible for 50% of the defecit and I would make that clear to them. Once you have worked out what your half is, make them an offer of a monthly payment based on what you can afford and stick to it. If that is accepted, there is no reason why you need to hand your redundancy money over.

Your ex was party to the loan so she is responsible for 50% of the defecit and I would make that clear to them.

Yes & no. Both parties are held as 'joint & several' which means if they can't collect from one party they'll try with the other for the full amount.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

That is true, we are both jointly and serverably liable. The sad reality is that because she's on state benefits, it is unlikely they will chase her. In essence, I don't mind taking the VR (so long as I can secure the funds) and then this would put me in the same boat?

The problem is however, that the VR payment would most likely not come through prior to the end of September, and in the interim I am worried that I wouldn't be able to hold of the court action through litigation. That said it did take them a good 6 weeks to come back to me with the information I had requested.

If I agree to a monthly repayment figure now, and then take the VR, then declare no earnings, maybe that would work?

bump.. any one else able to shed some light on this please? :confused: