You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
    • Pleased to hear that.   A general comment, for future readers of this thread, from my experiences of being an Executor.   Most large companies have a centralised 'Bereavement' department and I've found it's best to notify the death to them rather than the general customer service call centres. Search the company's website for 'bereavement'.   The bereavement departments are in my experience staffed by people who understand the processes when someone dies both for the relatives/executors and within their own companies and they get things sorted efficiently. (I've never had to use Vodafone's though).
    • Hi All, A simple question really. I received a NTK ticket on a lease vehicle last year from Parking Eye. As expected, they were adamant i was at fault and no payment was made. I highlighted to them that their signage no longer had planning permission and this was ignored however since ignoring this, they have gone quiet and have been for roughly 6 months now. I know they can claim for up to 6 years(??) after. As it was a lease vehicle, the RK was the lease company. PE were provided my personal address and had been communicating with me via letter there. I have now moved house and what i would like to avoid is them issuing court papers, something which i know PE like to do, me not being aware and eventually ending up with a default CCJ against my name. I appreciate i could write to them and update my address with them however i worry this may "Wake them up" a bit regarding my case. What is the best approach here?
    • Forget the warranty that means nothing and a warranty does not replace or over rule your rights under CRA amongst other consumer legislation. which state that outside of 30days but within 6mts its the sellers that is responsibility to confirm the item faulty, which has been done.   contact amazon with that proof and demand a replacement, refund or repair as they feel fit.        
    • Thanks BN   I take it this is a good sign then like you say. I certainly won’t be making any payments to them.
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys, have just successfuly claimed back money under Hradship waiver from my current Natwest bank account, and now wish to do the same with an old closed Halifax bank account. However, I have several accounts which are in arrears with Halifax, Mortgage/loans/credit card....

My question is if I successfully claim back my charges from Halifax, will they use that money to pay off arrears etc...?

Has anyone been in the same boat but got Halifax to send them a cheque as opposed to paying themselves off...... I have every intention of paying my enforceable debts, however, after having CCA'd the Credit Card I was sent an unenforceable application form and needless to say this is currently in dispute.

Is it best to wait untill the Credit card has been dealt with first or should I go ahead and claim back my charges?

They could do but as it is a closed account then you are not in FH now with Halifax so they should say no to FH claim.

Worth asking the question though.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Oh, I never realiased FH only stands with bank accounts that are currently open...

Oh, I never realiased FH only stands with bank accounts that are currently open...

It is about FH now so active accounts is usually what they look at but as I said, ask the question.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf