style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 2 years ago Rossendaels came 2 my door. I stupidly let them in. we owed 4 council tax bills. I agreed 2 pay £30 a week as both my husband & I were working. this worked ok & we didn't hear from them. we both lost our jobs so couldn't afford 2 pay that amount. We started paying £40 a month. we are now on our last debt & I thought it had been paid off til yesterday when a Mr Greenwood came 2 the door. The debt was for £523 & he said we still owe £323. I have paid £445 off this debt so don't no y they say we owe this much. I have proof that this is the amount we have paid. My husband is on incapacity benefit as doctors said he is mentally unfit 2 work. This is just making him worse. We cannot afford to pay the £323 they say we owe - they want it by Tuesday.

Can anyone help us with this situation?

hi benji and welcome once again

first thing is when you let them in did they do a notice of seizure of goods and inventory

were they collecting for all 4 liability orders on the same day

do you have a breakdown of charges for all 4 accounts from the bailiffs

when we get the answers to this we can work out if the bailiff has added the correct charges

on an immediate note get in touch with the council tell them you have never stopped paying but had to reduce your payments because of your employment circumstances and your husbands illness

explain to the council what the bailiffs said about full payment and ask the council if they will accept the reduced payment tell them you simply don't have the £xxx that the bailiff want by Tuesday

the council are responsible for the bailiffs and can arrange this for you

whether the will or not is a different story

if the council refuse get in touch with your MP

when/if the bailiff comes on Tuesday DO NOT let him in

yes i would say if they have a levy thats 2 yrs old the bailiff has abandoned it

i am trying to establish if the bailiff has added charges on the same day for all 4 liability orders

if the bailiff has been in your house you still don't have to let him in if he comes on Tuesday

When she came she wanted payment 4 all 4 debts @ the same time but i wrote Rossendales a letter & they stacked them 4 me with the cheapest debt 2 b paid off 1st.She charged me various priced 2nd visits fee on the same day she called. They told us they've written 2 us saying we had stopped paying & 1 saying there was a van coming but we have not recieved any letters off them 4 over a year & 1/2. Do I still need 2 pay charges if they've not written 2 us?

did you phone the council and ask about your reduced payment you must not stop paying the bailiff while we are trying to get the charges sorted out

if the bailiffs are saying that the are going to send a van then we will say they have a walking possession that they think is valid

do you remember if the baillif left you a Walking Possision Agreement

the letter you recived saying a van was coming was it put through the door or posted giving you a time and date when they are coming

I tried calling the council but i can't get through. I can't remember if she did leave 1 but I haven't got with all my other documents off her. We were told that a letter had been sent about a van but we have not recieved any correspondence off them at all. I won't let them in but i am getting quite upset & think mayb we should just pay them 2 get rid of them

If you don't let them in there;s nothing they can do to you so don't worrie... Pay the council direct online if you have too till you sort out what you do and don't owe. the council can tell you how much you owe them and then I would pay them direct

I am not sure MAybe Hallowitch can answer whether there is a time limit on wpo's

don't pay the bailiff if you cant afford it don't miss your mortgage or get bank charges to pay of the bailiff why should you if you can arrange another payment plan there is no reason why it shouldn't work it worked before

if you get the breakdown of charges we can help you claim back any charges that you should have not payed

amber Ive seen tomubby post about abandoned levies but I'm not sure if there is only a certain amount of of time that levy is valid for(i don't think there is) but i would say 18mths/2yrs would make it an abandoned levy

I have asked them to give me a screen shot so I can find out the charges. I asked if I could carry on paying on my agreed amount but he said no. He said I had been paying religiously until April when I honestly thought I'd paid it off. Once I missed a date by 4 days & they sent me a letter, I don't understand y they left it 3 months. Mayb just 2 get more ££!

amber Ive seen tomubby post about abandoned levies but I'm not sure if there is only a certain amount of of time that levy is valid for(i don't think there is) but i would say 18mths/2yrs would make it an abandoned levy

Yes me too But can't for the life of me find the thread

I thought it was 6 months???????? But after 2 yea''rs I should think they need anothe one

:D

I have asked them to give me a screen shot so I can find out the charges. I asked if I could carry on paying on my agreed amount but he said no. He said I had been paying religiously until April when I honestly thought I'd paid it off. Once I missed a date by 4 days & they sent me a letter, I don't understand y they left it 3 months. Mayb just 2 get more ££!

What you need is how much you owed in the first place to the council then you can work out if you still owe anything

I owed £523 for this debt & I paid £445 which left £78 to pay. I'm going 2 the council on Monday 2 pay them it. When I pay the £78 what do I tell the bailiff?

I just want 2 thank u all 4 making me less worried:)