You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

wjms

wjms vs First Direct - sort of won?!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

Following a very drastic change in my circumstances last year I've been trying to claim charges and so on back from my various banks and credit cards.

I've been dealing with First Direct for some time - they cancelled our account and transferred it to MCS, and so on and so forth. Then, when I put in a claim for charges etc, they stated that they were unable to action the claim as a result of the ongoing test case, our overdraft (less than the amount claimed) was conveniently forgotten and MCS (FS's in house collection team I believe) continued to try to collect the alleged debt.

I offered, without prejudice, to write off my claim for unlawful charges against their alleged over draft costs...

To my slight surprise today I got the attached letter.

Would welcome your opinions - should I still try to hammer them for a full and final settlement of all claims from both sides, or should I just wait since they admit that my claim is for more than the amount transferred to MCS...?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jim

fd letter re charges vs od.pdf