Disputed BT Cancellation Charge Passed to DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! I have been in dispute with British Telecom since March 2009 over charges of £207.00 they imposed for broadband cancellation charges for a service I did not request. I have written numerous letters to them requesting proof of this supposed verbal agreement. Originally they requested I make a payment of £10 for a copy of the recording, I replied in writing to say I had no intention of paying for a copy as it was for them to prove to me a verbal contract existed (which I know it doesn't). They then replied saying they couldn't provide the recording as they didn't have it!

The last letter I wrote to them was to state once more I did not enter into a verbal agreement with BT to provide broadband at my address. This was at least 3 weeks ago and I have received no response.

Yesterday I received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery requesting £284.07 along with threats of Baliff action etc.

Am I right in thinking BT can not sell on a debt which is under dispute.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do, I have not contacted The DCA as yet.

Please Help.:-?

Just write to Moorcroft asking for a sign contract or proof of debt and make it clear to them that they should only be chasing debts that actually exist. State that you do not own BT any money as the service was never requested, and I have had confirmation from them that they have no record of a verbal agreemet with me. Also demand that they cease any further communication until such time as they can substantiate their claim against you.

or you could simply write something like this:

In response to your letter dated (date of their letter), I am sorry, but I have been advised that as third parties have no legal standing in this matter, I must therefore decline any further communication as I am dealing with BT directly and am awaiting a response from them at this time. I do not own BT any money as the service was never requested, and I have had confirmation from them that they have no record of a verbal agreemet with me.

Working to help set people free from debt.

Thank you so much for the help you have both offered. I will give it a go and see what happens although I have a feeling the DCA will harrass me before things are finally settled. There should be some legislation passed to control these DCA's and that's for sure!