signature on agreement isn't landlords but their name is?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

signature on agreement isn't landlords but their name is?

Hi there

just wanted some advice

I have an assured shorthold tenancy agreement which is 9 pages long this was my first one that was 6months long then i had 2 more agreements that are only one sheet of paper and basically say all terms are the same as original 9 page document just that I can now stay for 12 months

the new one page documents have the land lady's signature on but the original main 9 page document has her named as landlord but someone else's signature and no written explanition as to whether this is her trustee or whoever as she lives abroad

does this mean anything in legal terms regarding the terms and conditions all the agreements are based on

in short Basically, the landlord's name is on the contract but it is someone else's signature under that name is that actually allowed?

thanks gill

It means nothing.

Who ever signed the contract on your landladys behalf, would have been acting has her agent.

Is this a prelude to something more? or you just seeking clarification on that point?

but it wasn't the estate agent so how do i know it wasn't a copy boy in the office that no longer works for anyone, i would have thought who ever signs underneath a name would be that person or that something should be put in writing to say who they are if they are signing in behalf of the landlord

the estate agent acted as a witness underneath but if it wasn't the landlord who signed then potentally it is wrong

The contract could have been signed by somebody spreading paint on their bum cheeks and sitting on it. It makes no difference whether it was the tea lady or the director of the company (it could also have been unsigned and still be valid). You are in the property paying rent. Your landlady is allowing you to remain in the property and is accepting rent. You and the landlady have therefore accepted the terms of the contract.

I note your breakclause post, so there is something more to your query?

yes we originally signed a 6 month 9 page contract with a normal clause in it that says after 4 months we can give 2 months notice but we have since signed 3 more 12 month contracts as we have been living here for over 3 years but the 3 newer contracts are only one page and state that these 12 month contracts terms are the same as the original contracts terms so we are trying to work out if we are able to give notice after 4 months even though we are supposed to be here for full 12 months and if we have missd the date or wheter we still have time to give notice.

we are in process of trying to contact the landlady as she lives abroad and we have no contact details for her except a uk address but we would prefer an e-mail or phone number i have mananged to trace her witness who signed the newer contracts in that country and have emailed her to help us, the estate agent are hopeless