PPN, breach of my rights under Data Protection Act?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Advice please.. I pay monthly to hire a car-parking space near work, in a carpark that is owned by a block of Apartments, but is managed by CMS Uk.

I have a disc i display, provided by the Landowners. Unfortunately when renewing my tax-disc, I accidentally put my new tax disc in the wrong holder, and covered the parking permit disc. I didnt realise this, until my other half borrowed my car, parked there during the day & returned to find i'd been ticketed by CMS UK.

I emailed The Landowners, who said they couldnt get involved in an appeal, but i should tell CMS UK to call them & they would clarify the car was parked there with their permission.

I sent a short letter to CMS by recorded delivery stating that. They have ignored this, and sent me a further letter saying the amount of the ticket had doubled as i'dnot paid it in the allocated timescale.

I then sent them the same letter - which was again ignored.

Out of the blue, i got a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors, saying they were now chasing the debt. I sent them the following email:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your undated letter Reference XXXXXXX

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal previously (by recorded mail) to advise the vehicle in question was parked with full permission of the Landowners - and it is on the Landowners behalf that your principal operates.

The Landowners have specifically stated that your principle should contact them for confirmation of this.

Your principle has clearly failed to do so.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Please note, you do not have my permission to pass my details onto any third party.

Yours faithfully

Me

This email was ignored, as i received another threatening letter saying they would pass to Solicitors for Legal Action unless i paid within a week. So then i sent them this email:

Dear Sirs

Re: Your letter dated 14 July 2009.

Please read my email below.

Neither yourself or CMS (Your Clients) have ever acknowledged receipt of my correspondence or responded to it, despite it having been sent by email to the address provided by yourselves or via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

I re-iterate:

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal on a number of occasions and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

You do not have my permission to pass my details onto any third party.

I revoke any permission that you feel you may have to store data pertaining to me as a uniquely identifiable, living individual and request that you delete any such information you have in your possession, with immediate effect.

Should I receive further unsolicited correspondence from your or from your organisation, I shall not hesitate to inform the UK Information Commissioner. This may render you liable to prosecution for contravention of the Data Protection Act.

Yours faithfully

Me

Clearly Roxburghe Debt Collectors have ignored my emails also, as they have passed my details onto a third party - Graham White Solicitors, who kindly wrote to me, which i received ther letter today!

They have increased the PPN by another £150 costs as they were going to take me to court. I lost it at this point. I called them and told them all that had happened i.e CMS were advised to contact Landowners whose instructions they act upon, and that all my correspondence had been ignored, and that as Roxburghe Debt Collection Agency have clearly breached my rights under the Data Protection Act, I would welcome them taking me to court, as all the evidence i have is against them all, and that I am now going to seek advice about any compensation i can claim for this breach and misuse of my Data.

The young girl didn't have a clue what to say except she would make a note on my file & that she couldn't stop them from taking me to court. :eek:

Thoughts & advice greatly appreciated :confused:

Hi there. This is just the usual PPC [problem]. Writing and/or appealing to these people are pointless as you will always be ignored or sent the appeal 'rejected' template letter. I know how you feel- its frustrating-we all do on here as weve been through PPC nonsense but as lamma states- ignore. You have an unenforcable invoice and being that your at the 'Graham White Stage' (not a real solicitor-just the same office different desk!) your at the end of the line. By ignoring you may get a few more letters after this but dont give in and carry on ignoring. They will disappear and move onto someone else who doesnt have this knowledge and who will pay. Have a further read around this forum to see where im coming from :)

If you really want to hurt these clowns ignore all their letters don't get sucked into corresponding with them, as you have subsequently found they ignore everything except a cheque.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Well well. CMS used to send two letters and then give up. If they're now in on the Roxburge / Graham White chain, they must have had contact with other PPCs who recommended them, or have been approached by Roxburge directly.

No matter - Zosaphine, you now need to do what you should have done from day 1: ignore everything and do not contact them.

Expect a couple of letters from Graham White before they give up and go away. It's a mail [problem] - they won't take you to court. Just ignore the clowns.