You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Brand new here & desperate for some advice!

I applied to the infamous Poundstillpayday for a loan of £200 - I unfortunately & accidentially gave the wrong sort code for my account & no money was paid in.

My bank confirmed that the money was rejected & sent back to the sender as the account details did not exist. However, PTP say that they money was paid in & that they have had confirmation from my bank saying so... THIS IS A LIE!!! According to my bank PTP have never been in touch - they will not provide my bank with a BACS trace (which they say they have completed)!

I have asked PTP for clarification of the bank details given & they say due to data protection I can not be provided with them!?!

They have now doubled the money owed & say they will be passing the matter on to a collection agency on Monday.

My bank have advised me to let them take me to court as I have sufficient evidence against them.

Please can someone back this up?

Thanks

Burnsgirly

Absolutely. I'm with the bank here.

I think from here on in you should communicate with this firm in writing, via recorded delivery. Ask for a copy of their complaints procedure and warn them that it is your intention to complain to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

Thank you SO much, I shall request that from them now.

Shall keep you updated.

Does anyone know what this means & is the swift code that of Abbey National & not Alliance & Leicester:

TRN REFERENCE PET*********

'WE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR INQUIRY, WE

CONFIRM FUNDS WERE PAID TO SWIFTBIC ABBYGB2L VIA

SWIFT PAYMENT ORDER VALUE 05/06/2009 AMOUNT PAID

200.00/GBP. THIS ITEM WAS STP COMPLIANT AND WAS

THEREFORE PAID AS PER YOUR DIRECT INSTRUCTIONS.

WE CONFIRM PASSING ON YOUR INQUIRY TO THE

RECEIVING BANK AND REQUESTED THEY CONFIRM

DETAILS OF THE TRANSACTION TO LOUISE BURNS.

KINDLY FOLLOW UP DIRECTLY WITH THE BENEFICIARY

MENTIONING OUR TRN REFERENCE PET********* WITH

ANY FURTHER QUERY IN THIS MATTER.'

Abbey National is part of the Santander group along with Alliance & Leicester. Surely your bank should be able to trace it if it had gone to Abbey? Incidently, all banks have a 'special' a/c where all BAC transfers end up if incorrect details have been used.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Glad I just seen this post, I nearly had a loan with pounds till payday but decided against it when I realised that I had to pay £260 back on £200 for one 1 month.

Just out of interest is there anymore posts highlighting these month loan companies? I eventually went with Wonga and to be honest was a lot cheaper, £23 on £200. There are so many on the web and it seems so easy to get the money, Quickquid, Paydayuk, 1monthloan, Purple payday, Payday Express the list goes on.

Just enter the names of the companies in the 'search' feature at the top of this page. Better still, look at their very own forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/

Edited by cerberusalert

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT