You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gem77

Npower Problems Where do I stand?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if any one can help me with this. Back in may I signed upto npower which was a foolish mistake and i reised this after reading reviews on them. We then had a call from british gas and decided to change to them instead.

We were with npower for 5 weeks I was asked to read my electric meter which i did and submitted it online. A couple of weeks ago we recieved our first and final bill from npower for £84. I thought this seemed a bit steep for only 5 weeks electric and the hottest 5 weeks of the year at that. I then relised they had estimated the meter readings so I checked my meter and low and behold we had actually only used about a quarter of what they had estimated if that. I found the meter reading i had submitted online which was taken the day after the supply was changed to British gas and sure enough it was significantly lower. We phoned them up and told them what had happened and the actual reading we had submitted. We were told to ignore that bill and they would issue a new one in 28 days time.

Yesterday we recieve a red bill threatening us with court action if we do not pay the £84 so we ring again. This time we are told we have to pay it as it is what we owe them. The funny thing is a month on from us leaving them the meter still does not read as much as they have estimated so how can we owe it to them when we havent even used it yet and we moved to british gas a month ago. We explained this and all we got is well you still have to pay it and once the issue has been resolved we will refund you.

It wouldnt be quite so bad but in the last 2 months the meter has been read 3 times. twice by the companies and once by me online. So why are they just ignoring the readings.

So my question is where do i stand on this. is it worth writing to them? And what should i say?

hope someone can help.

gem

Hi Gem,

You need to talk to your new supplier, British Gas, as the meter reading they have used to open your account with them should be what is used to close the account with Npower, an Agreed Read Dispute (ARD) needs to be raised to correct this, it can take about 6 weeks.

Contact Npower's customer service team directly, not the collections team, and tell them you dispute the bill.

Thanks nottslad, will do that and see what happens.

you're welcome chick, let me know how you get on