Rossendales!!!! CTAX arrears help needed please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Dunno what to say..........

We have CT arrears which Rossendales have been asked by council to collect.

Whilst we don't deny this money is owed, we are unable to pay as they want us to 'cos I am disabled & out of work & oh has reduced hours on account of me needing care.

Because of this, we sent a proposal with an I & E sheet with proof of income etc & offered £20pm. Given that we only have £145 pm 'surplus' income and have to pay mortgage arrears of £100 pm as well, we offered what we felt was manageable.

Today we get a letter from them saying

''We have reviewed the financial correspondence you have supplied and set your account into an arrangement at the rate of £120.00 every 30 days. This is due to the prescence of non essential expenditure being shown on the statement you have supplied. Council tax is a priority debt and as such must take precedence over any and all non priority spending.

Please make sure that payments are maintained at the correct rate to prevent us from proceeding with further action''

£120!!!!!! Just where are we supposed to get that then?????

I am FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

What can we do?

Hi

I have drafted the following email to send to MP & Council but wanted your opinions before I send it.

Dear MP

I am hoping you may be able to help us with Rossendales Bailiffs.

We fell behind with our council tax payments & XXXX District Council got a Liability order against us which was then sent to Rossendales to collect.

Rossendales bailiff came out to us but agreed that we had nothing of value to levy on a walking possession order and said that we should be able to agree a payment plan if we sent off an Income & Expenditure sheet. We did this and was then asked to send proof of income which was posted last week. We offered £20 pm as that is all we can afford - I have attached the spreadsheet we sent to them.

Today we receive a letter from Rossendales telling us that we have to pay £120pm due to the presence of non essential expenditure! Copy attached.

Clearly, if we had been able to pay £120 pm, we would not have fallen into arrears in the first place. We do not dispute that the CT needs to be paid but we simply do not have the means to pay it at £120pm.

We have other priority debts (mortgage) as well as non-priority debts which we are also dealing with by negotiating directly with them. The mortgage was in arrears by £xxxx & this is being reduced at £100pm with the arrears currently standing at £xxxx as at 12/07/09.

I feel that Rossendales have completely glossed over the fact that I am disabled & classed as vulnerable by virtue of my disability. I put my disability living allowance payments into the Income sheet but, for all other means-testing, this is disregarded. I feel that this shows that we are not attempting to evade our responsibilities.

Is there any help or advice you can offer us to help sort this out? I will await your response before contacting Rossendales again. I have copied this email to XXXX District Council so that they are aware of the actions of the bailiffs they have appointed.

Regards

Your comments / suggestions are welcomed. Thank you

you will prob also be classed as vunerable so this should not be happening anyway.

have you not been in touch with the council about this?

i would expect you to be recieving CT relief too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, 2 years ago Rossendaels came 2 my door. I stupidly let them in. we owed 4 council tax bills. I agreed 2 pay £30 a week as both my husband & I were working. this worked ok & we didn't hear from them. we both lost our jobs so couldn't afford 2 pay that amount. We started paying £40 a month. we are now on our last debt & I thought it had been paid off til yesterday when a Mr Greenwood came 2 the door. The debt was for £523 & he said we still owe £323. I have paid £445 off this debt so don't no y they say we owe this much. I have proof that this is the amount we have paid. My husband is on incapacity benefit as doctors said he is mentally unfit 2 work. This is just making him worse. We cannot afford to pay the £323 they say we owe - they want it by Tuesday.

Can anyone help us with this situation?