You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

good morning

my wife bought my two children a laptop each from a computer repair shop, each came with a three month warrenty.

the laptops cost £160 and £180 and we have since found out that the models are over five years old and each has failed.

the first one failed to load and when we returned it the shop said that it was due to a bad sector and that it was probably caused while using the computer and it being moved about , its a laptop, i thought you were supposed to be able to move them around, now the second laptop has done the exact same thing, the warrenty on this runs out tomorrow.

the first laptops warrenty expired two weeks ago, but it is still having problems.

I have since learned from a computer forum that we have paid well over the top for these second hand laptops and that the bad sectors are probably down to the hard drives dying.

I am taking back the second laptop today, but as i said the warrenty runs out tomorrow, so i know they will do a quick fix on it, but like the other laptop i expext that it will still have problems but neither wil be under warrenty, is there anything i can do, as they are both unfit for use, they were over priced for such an old machine and dont look like they will last more than another month.

I am sorry if it all sounds confusing we are not computor experts and thought that the shop would be a safer way to buy a second hand machine than from a stranger on say ebay

thanks ian

They are definately 'not' overpriced. The price of anything is what you are willing to pay, and the price this shop displayed was only an invitation to purchase, you could have haggled the price.

Second hand or used goods have the same regulatory protection as new goods, limited only by age and price paid in it's expected useable life.

It certainly sounds like the hard drive, so get him to replace them, a very easy and inexpensive repair.