• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg electronically signed online credit agreement. Is it a fake?

Readalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Egg online credit agreement. Is it a fake?

At this point this is a pure speculation on my part, but I do find it strange that while lots of paper based Egg CCA's around 2005/2006 are not valid, they have online CCA for this period which are spot on and bullet-proof.

Dont you think that it s a bit strange?

Has anyone has a look into it? Do anyone has printouts of their online CCA's taken a few years later? If so please come forward.

Another suspisious thing is that at the moment they have in online CCA at the top saying that their address is Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, London. I wonder if this was the case in 2006. Does anyone has information on history of their past registered offices?

I would guess that they have changed their address when they were bought by GE and than conveniently amended supposedly electronically signed CCA's they publish online.

Should we be able to prove that they have changed a single letter at any time in these "supposedly electronicaly signed online CCA" we might than be able to prove that these "online CCA" are fake or at least force Egg to prove otherwise.

If you by any chance got an image of Egg online CCA for any date or paper based CCA for period 2005-2007 could you please post it here (minus personal details) or pm me.

What do you think? Does this line of inquiry makes any sense?

Is there any way to challenge Egg electronically signed agreements at all?

Could it be argued that this electronically signed agreement does not satisfy CCA requirements by some reason. Like, it is to long to fit one screen (4 corners) or something like this?

--------------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Bank ~1200£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~350£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

Just some info I have digged up. According to archive.org. Egg.com has actually published their Consumer Credit agreements on their website all the time. Archive.org is a good tool to use if you want to see their historical credit agreements.

This also confirms that what they publish in online user account and represent as original Consumer Credit agreements alledgedly electronically signed by customer looks like a fake.

This is at least deception and probably fraud !!!

Disclaimer: the above is obviously not a statement of fact but simply my personal opinion and speculation.

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

Egg Card credit agreement

this one for example, 20051103023119 above is a timestamp

Had a look at that, wow, so their address then was 1 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA!

But still not sure where you get the timestamp??

Oh, I see, in the web address??

see URL, it is a feature of archive.org, my best guess is that any reasonable judge would accept this as evidence.

probably this link would be a bit more helpful

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_11087--View_1068,00.html

I have recived a simlar printout in response to a CCA on a egg personal loan.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/209963-egg-loan-cca-enforceable.html#post2297270

However I know that the online application was for less money and I then spoke with advisors on the phone and signed the credit agreement by return of post.

So I know that what thery have sent is false, however I dont see that I have any way to prove this!

I have recived a simlar printout in response to a CCA on a egg personal loan.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/209963-egg-loan-cca-enforceable.html#post2297270

However I know that the online application was for less money and I then spoke with advisors on the phone and signed the credit agreement by return of post.

So I know that what thery have sent is false, however I dont see that I have any way to prove this!

have you made a subject access request?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

No, is that my next step?

Its 40 days of waiting and surerly they will only send another (allegedly) fake document?

They have to supply the original signed agreement if they have it

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

I had a previosu loan with egg, this loan bascially paid off the old one and gave me extra cash. I also have a credit card that I used for fuel and then paid off in full every month with the company 30p per mile - thery have now cancelled this early last year.

Should I SAR all accounts or only the current loan?

All accounts will come under the same sar request - just specify all numbers

Egg online credit agreement. Is it a fake?

Another suspisious thing is that at the moment they have in online CCA at the top saying that their address is Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, London. I wonder if this was the case in 2006. Does anyone has information on history of their past registered offices?

My 2005 agreement shows the Citigroup address, and I too have my doubts about the validity of this.

Everything I have found via google suggests the above address was not used until after the Citigroup takeover. Your research is far more substantial than mine though. In potentially finding the archieved agreement from that era I think you've opened up an opportunity to begin to attack egg's credability.

My 2005 agreement shows the Citigroup address, and I too have my doubts about the validity of this.

Everything I have found via google suggests the above address was not used until after the Citigroup takeover. Your research is far more substantial than mine though. In potentially finding the archieved agreement from that era I think you've opened up an opportunity to begin to attack egg's credability.

Yes, we will see how it goes. So far I am waiting for them to comply with my CCA request. Should they give me CCA with Citigroup address I will probably let them to take my to court and try to claim that I have not signed this CCA and that their version of CCA is a falsification. Should they after that produce CCA with a valid address, than I would question their credibility. If needed I'd bring a credible witnesses who is an expert in area of information security to substantiate my attacks on this electronic CCA and their concept of 'electronic signature'. But it is a very long process. All I can do for now is to try to give them as much rope as possible so that they have every opportunity to hang themselves.

I wish some of great legal minds here contribute their opinion on possible ways to attacks this electronic agreement and electronic signature. (considering that it is obvious that the agreement in 2005 could not have possibly contain their post 2007 address)

Well I found my solicitor only takes action on harrassment, but won't take a case against lenders on unenforceability until a test case (which test case :confused:) is decided. So I won't find out about the enforceability of this doctored agreement. Though I do now have one copy of the 'signed' agreement with the wrong address, and a copy of the unsigned agreement with the right address - and both of them with different interest rates... so looking more and more likely that this is unenforceable.

But I do hope someone more legal minded comes along here to help us on this.:-|

• 1 month later...

Well I consulted another couple of solicitors on this egg agreement address issue, and neither of them wanted to base a case on it. The second solicitor explained that we would have to prove some detriment to me from that tampering. However, the stronger case they were happy to run with was the absence of HOW my credit limit would be determined (apparently they can argue it is insufficient to say that I will be told what it will be).

See my post here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2406581.html

• 5 weeks later...

Valid point about 'true' copy.

However.

How about CCA they have to supply in response to Subject Access Request or CPR? This does need to be a copy of original, without any 'true' copy nonsense.

Or does it need only contain prescribed terms and if the rest is figment of their imagination than no problem?

How about the fact that this is a 'electronically' signed agreement where instead of the signature there is a tick? Given that it is obvious that they have modified the agreement in the address part, why shall we assume that they have not modified the tick part, or prescribed terms part, or whatever they please.

How about this very interesting thread? OP there claims that

...they [egg] provided me with a print out of my loan agreement which is totally different to the copy I hold on file and there are only tick boxes on it for signatures. I only received this paperwork after I sent the Account in Dispute letter.

Could be a compelling argument be based along the lines of:

- here is the proof that allegedly electronically signed agreement was modified in address part.

- here is a proof/affidavit that on at least one occasion egg sent CCA which is "totally different" to archive copy of original (for another customer).

- there is no proof that egg IT system complies with all the relevant document management and information security standards. (optional)

- therefore the document EGG purports to be an original electronically signed Consumer Credit Agreement cannot be admitted as evidence in this court.

- therefore there is no relevant CCA and creditors claim shall be dismissed.

does this all makes any sense?

All accounts will come under the same sar request - just specify all numbers

I asked for Egg cc and loan SAR in the same letter in August. I didn't have the loan account number at the time and they never bothered sending anything to do with the loan. Do I have to send another £10 for the loan SAR now?