You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

blfamily

Barclaycard Collections - Sex Discrimiation?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Having been on a DMP for about 20mth. Barclaycard wrote to my wife saying they were reveiwng her DMP payment. So I expected the to contact me, a month later and still nothing.

Very strange I thought. Then I remembered they called her all the time in the months prior to the DMP coming in force, yet never called me.... Uh?

So have any other couples noticed a similar pattern, that they harress the female for payments.

I think this is quite possible. I've just started with CCA requests to BC among others. I've had the T&Cs and sent the Account in dispute letter on a BC Classic and a Goldfish card.

I've had their standard response back that they don't agree that the account is in dispute together with their nice standard letter about S78 to which I've replied today.

But, the interesting thing is that the accounts are less than 1 week overdue for payment and have been close to this a couple of times previously. However, today I've had one message on the answerphone and 2 calls with a recorded message saying I've an important message from BC and press any key to continue. Strangely, my finger keeps being drawn to the pretty red button on the phone as my any key choice!

Now, they may think at the moment that as a woman I'll be the soft touch in our household - but I can honestly say they've actually picked on the wrong partner here. My husband would actually be much more likely to worry about their calls and make a payment, or actually listen to their message, which I'm quite sure will cost about £15 a minute to hear and which, of course, I'm not prepared to discuss by phone anyway. However, given that they wouldn't usually kick up so much of a fuss for a payment that's late by 4 calendar days, it would seem that they are trying exactly what you're thinking and phoning the woman to try to get a payment.

Hi Manx and welcome to CAG.

Feel free to start your own thread, in the appropriate forum, for any active cases you have.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi BL,

I don't know if DCA's chase women more than men but there may be perceptions that govern this.

Women may, for instance, be less likely to stick their head in the sand.

And DCA's may feel more able to bully and intimidate women.

But these are generalisations and I don't want to get Reported for Sexist Comments. ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

It would be interesting to see whether they do or not persue women more than men - I know in my household BPF ring my wife twice a day everyday, yet we have a DMP. Also Barclaycard reviewed her account and not mine, I owe 2-3 times as much as the wife.

Think that says it all. Anyway, if more ladies confirm what I think, then perhaps a legal case could be bought againts Barclays or other DCA's.

Until then we need an insider to let us know what the policy is?