Private parking tickets - Who's responcible, registered keeper or driver??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Recieved an invoice in a private residential area a few weeks back. I am not the registered keeper the car is owned by my company hence my boss is the registered keeper.

After finding this site I ignored the invoice they then sent a letter to my boss saying that he is liable for the amount of £200 as he is the registered keeper. My question is whether this is true or whether it is the drivers responcibility?

Surely if there supposed contract of agreement is to be taken seriously then it could only be the driver that is responcible in the court of law?

Any advice? Should I get my boss to write a letter stateing I was the driver? What should he put in it?

Many thanks for any advice given.

Hi,

After finding this site I ignored the invoice they then sent a letter to my boss saying that he is liable for the amount of £200 as he is the registered keeper. My question is whether this is true or whether it is the drivers responcibility?

You are indeed correct the contract, if any, was formed by the driver, a third party in this case the RK cannot be liable for any contract allegedy between the PPC and the driver. If the PPC has actually stated the RK is liable they have shot themselves in the foot, keep that letter safe and ignore any future letters.

Any advice? Should I get my boss to write a letter stateing I was the driver? What should he put in it?

NO, do not get your boss to engage them whatsoever. There is no legal requirement for him to name the driver. Leave the PPC hanging they will get fed up of being ignored and move on to someone else.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Any alleged contract is between the driver and the company.

The contract will be rubbish and unenforceable, but nevertheless, the owner is in no way responsible.

To say otherwise is pure fraud and an offence under the 2006 Fraud Act.

Nothing will ever come of this ticket though - they have no intention of ever going to court, so go to town with the unlawful paperwork. It's a [problem] after all.

Do not contact them at all - it will only encourage them. Ignore everything and they will go away.

£200 is a bit high - is there any silly £3 a day charges? It usually increases to £300 before they give up and go away.

Show this thread to your boss and tell him to completely ignore the fraudulent tat.

Hi,

Recieved an invoice in a private residential area a few weeks back. I am not the registered keeper the car is owned by my company hence my boss is the registered keeper.

It's total B*S* Only the driver could possibly have entered a contract (but of course he didn't anyway)

Surely if there supposed contract of agreement is to be taken seriously then it could only be the driver that is responcible in the court of law?

Yes, no contract = no money for them

As long as you can keep the boss on your side, the best policy is no contact with them what so ever. Not from you and not from your boss.

If they were stupid enough to take this to court, they would have to be suing the RK, which is your boss, who can presumably demonstrate instantly that he was not driving the car and therefore is not the subject of the claim. Case dismissed! :)

Thanks for taking the time out to reply guys. (even with my poor spelling of the word responsible:) )

The boss is on my side and I can fight it all the way but what I would prefer is for me to be reciveing the threats and ignoring them rather than him, it is against his company after all. How can I get around this?

Thanks for taking the time out to reply guys. (even with my poor spelling of the word responsible:) )

The boss is on my side and I can fight it all the way but what I would prefer is for me to be reciveing the threats and ignoring them rather than him, it is against his company after all. How can I get around this?

You get your boss to shop you to the PPC as the driver. You then ignore if you wish.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

You get your boss to shop you to the PPC as the driver. You then ignore if you wish.

Are there any laws or cases he could quote that anyone knows of?

Or should it just be along the lines of - I wasn't the driver 'X' was, all futher correspondence should be directed through 'X' for the alleged offence.

Obviously i'm no legal expert :p

For those interested I shall try and get some scans up later of the letter implying the registered keeper should pay and not mentioning the driver, also giving a box to tell them of change of owner

Edited by Parkinghater

Your boss needs to learn a little about contract law - and fake invoices !!!

Thats all well and good but the reality is this isn't his problem it's mine and I shouldn't expect him to be the one who has to deal with it or waste any time on it.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that it isn't your boss' problem, or yours!

It's the PPC that's got the problem, the problem being "How do we screw money out of these people, when we have no legs to stand on?"

Ignore 'em, it works, and they hate it!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...