Recovering a debt over £5000

ajcamp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please excuse me for asking this question if its covered somewhere else, I am a newbie to this excellent site and have tried a search but get too many results.

I wish to take action to recover a debt/compensation from a limited company, in respect of damage caused by water ingress to a flat owned by a friend of mine.

I have previously used the small claims procedure sucessfully, but as the claim will be over £5000, (£15000), what court/procedure should I use.

Thanks in anticipation

Tony in Enfield

Hi

Please excuse me for asking this question if its covered somewhere else, I am a newbie to this excellent site and have tried a search but get too many results.

I wish to take action to recover a debt/compensation from a limited company, in respect of damage caused by water ingress to a flat owned by a friend of mine.

I have previously used the small claims procedure sucessfully, but as the claim will be over £5000, (£15000), what court/procedure should I use.

Thanks in anticipation

Tony in Enfield

have you invoiced the company for the amount you are claiming

is the debt disputed?

Thanks for your posting.

No I have not yet invoiced, and it certainly will be disputed. It relates to damage to a flat arrising from a poor repair of a external yard above the flat, which has damaged a bathroom.

Regards

Tony in Enfield

Thanks for your posting.

No I have not yet invoiced, and it certainly will be disputed. It relates to damage to a flat arrising from a poor repair of a external yard above the flat, which has damaged a bathroom.

Regards

Tony in Enfield

thanks you probably know already but the reason for asking was that if it were an undisputed invoice you could have issued a SD

Statutory Demand;

A statutory demand gives a person 21 days warning to pay the debt. After that the statutory demand has runs it course and it can followed by a bankruptcy petition.

In the minds of a creditor or a creditor’s solicitor a statutory demand is the legal equivalent of a 'warning shot from a gun'. This is because the average debtor is so scared by 'what may follow' that they usually pay up.

In fact statutory demands are so successful that in 99% of cases following the issue of a statutory demand a bankruptcy petition NEVER is issued.

Many creditors are so shrewd that use various internet websites to let the banks, credit reference agencies and other public interest groups to publicise the statutory demand which can be disastrous for someone.