Wescot/Lloyds TSB

sinstar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been receiving "threat-o-grams" from Debt Managers LTD, Scotcall & Wescot regarding a supposed debt to Lloyds TSB for approximately £450. I had an overdraft with Lloyds TSB but this was paid off in full (using a student loan installment paid into the account) and I then opened a new account with Bank of Scotland (Lloyds TSB were refusing to give me a student account because they said my HND college course didn't 'count', ha. Despite the regular payments of student bursary & student loan into the account). Since then there have been no payments into the Lloyds TSB account, and no withdrawals, I also didn't have any direct debits etc at all.

I imagine, if this debt even does exist (I have heard nothing from Lloyds TSB regarding the account, 2 years ago I moved address though and didn't give them my new one, I didn't see the point as the account wasn't active at all with a balance of £0 as far as I am concerned and I had no plans to ever use it again) that it has built up somehow starting from an unpaid bank charge I wasn't aware of. I can't think of any other explanation.

I ignored Debt Managers LTD, but Scotcall (I'm sure it was just Debt Managers LTD in disguise though) started threatening doorstep visits, and as I am living with my boyfriend & his parents I thought it best to do something, so I sent them the following via email:

ScotCall Debt Collecting Services

Spectrum Building

3rd Floor

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT

[email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any other company or organisation that you claim to be representing.

Ref: ********

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to ScotCall Debt Collecting Services/Debt Managers Ltd/Lloyds TSB Bank PLC.

I am familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance’ which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

They gave up fairly quickly, replying the next morning:

Good Morning

Thanks for attached, in view of the content we will return this account

to our client and you should hear no more from ScotCall concerning this

account.

S White

Ahh, I find the fact all their pretend employees are named after colours amusing.

I didn't hear anything else about the matter until recently, when Wescot started writing to me, and calling the house as well (no idea how they got the phone number). Now my boyfriend's parents know about it, which is embarrassing, but they agree that demanding money without explaining what the debt is supposedly for is ridiculous. If someone came up to me in the street and demanded £450 without explanation, I'd tell them to take a run & jump.

So I sent the following to Wescot by email & also in letter form for them to sign for:

Payments Office

Wescot Credit Services LTD

PO BOX 137

HULL

HU2 8HF

Dear Sir/Madam

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any other company or organisation that you claim to be representing.

Ref: ***********

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Wescot Credit Services LTD or Lloyds TSB Bank PLC.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.I DO NOT give you permission to contact me by telephone, and request that my telephone number is removed from your records immediately. If telephone calls to me do not cease, you will be in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine.

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep call, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Rather infuriatingly they replied the next day with the following:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your recent communication.

In order for us to continue with your enquiry, it would be most helpful if you could confirm the last three addresses that you have resided at together with the dates you vacated.

Our offices are open from Monday-Friday 8.00am to 9.00pm, Saturday 8.00 to 4.00pm.

We look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

Yours faithfully

Kerry Wall

Accounts Controller

Obviously I'm not going to do their own jobs for them, but I'm not entirely sure how to approach this & what to say in reply - any suggestions?

Edited by sinstar

Just ignore them, the onus is on them to prove that you owe the debt and that they have the right to pursue. You do not have to provide any details whatsoever, they have contacted you assuming you are the person indebted to them, now they must 'put up or shut up'.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

After a bit of reading, I decided on the following:

Payments Office

Wescot Credit Services LTD

PO BOX 137

HULL

HU2 8HF

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: ***********

I would point out again that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Wescot Credit Services LTD or Lloyds TSB Bank PLC.

As per The Office of Fair Trading Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business practices - dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

The following are deemed to be unfair:

• failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued
  • requiring an individual to supply information to prove they are not the debtor in question

Therefore I will not be providing you with any information about myself, such as previous addresses.

The Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance also states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. It is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and/or unfair methods.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I hope to at least get them passing it about a bit more, hopefully some more gaps with no contact from any DCA, until I can get my own place in a few months. That way they wont call/send letters to my boyfriend's parent's house, they can send them to mine, and I can go about my business ignoring them completely.

oh the joys of being on a phishing list!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...