You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On Saturday I discovered to my horror, that I could not access my account to make a debit card payment of about £40.00, which was the day after my wages went in. I subsequently discovered that my mortgage had not been paid or anything else my wages were meant to cover. I had a phone call on Saturday morning from the loan section of my bank asking why I had not paid them anything for June. I explained my change of circumstances, that I had kept them informed and that some-one was meant to be phoning me to go through the hardship details, which would prove that I cannot maintain the previous level of payments. He came back with a figure that was about £35.00 less than the original amount, which is no help to me at all. He suggested I went to CAB and gave me a fortnight. He said absolutely nothing about freezing my account. I have already been in arrears with my mortgage once and have no intention of going there again. Is there any way of making the bank give me access to my account? Would it be advisable to open an account with a different bank? I happen to have a cheque to pay in and I am NOT going to put into my present bank account because I may never see it again! HELP!!!icon9.gif

Penna13

hi there, given the recent nature of these events, you should open an account with another bank asap, before the news spreads.

Does you account have any funds available in it? It may not be frozen, just out of credit. In any case I agree that your cheque shouldn't be going into that a/c in any case as it could be swallowed up by charges.

I would go into a branch of your own bank and ask them what's going on. You haven't said which bank it is, but I know that RBS has "Moneysense" advisors and guess the other main players may have something similar. These would be the right people to sit down with as they are not permitted to sell anything and their main role is to assist people in difficulty