HSBC Credit Card

rudy691
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the usual template letter rudy ,.... full of threats , "we may" , "you could" etc etc ....... if you look on some of the other threads on hgere you'll find that these are coming out like confetti these days ....... and the stock answer is the same .......... if it's in dispute and they haven't got a valid , signed agreement , they can't pursue it ..... be guided by vint's advice on #146.

and you know of course ,that DG are only HSBC's In House (Ill)egal Team .........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi Rudy,

Johnny is right, that is a stock letter that we all have.

You need to respond ( have the last letter in the file).

I appreciate the complexity of these letters and the responses required. It will be of most use to you, if you compile a response stating your position, then post on here for others to check. You are realy moving past the point of template responses and writing these letters will give you a better understanding.

Metropolitan come along next. Another HSBC company.

Vint

Metropolitan come along next. Another HSBClink3.gif company.

I think we've been there already Vint ............. see #144 ........... Gawd these emoticons are a bit primitive ........... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Top of the page vint ....... there's a thin black bar ...far right of it gives 'Advanced Search' which is what I think we used to use ......

btw don't worry about the memory .....hee hee ....mine does it every day LOL !

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 2 months later...

so I received a letter from central debt recovery about them taking over the debt. I know they're a Metro/HSBC.

send them the standard "im bemused" letter. had no reply.

but today they've send me letter confirming that they will call at my doorstep.

how likely is it that anyone will turn up ? im at work all day and my missus will be at home and she won't be able to explain anything.

any help is appreciated !

Hi Rudy,

Johnny is right, that is a stock letter that we all have.

You need to respond ( have the last letter in the file).

I appreciate the complexity of these letters and the responses required. It will be of most use to you, if you compile a response stating your position, then post on here for others to check. You are realy moving past the point of template responses and writing these letters will give you a better understanding.

Metropolitan come along next. Another HSBC company.

Vint

so I received a letter from central debt recovery about them taking over the debt. I know they're a Metro/HSBC.

how likely is it that anyone will turn up ? im at work all day and my missus will be at home and she won't be able to explain anything.

any help is appreciated

any help is appreciated

how likely is it that anyone will turn up ? im at work all day and my missus will be at home and she won't be able to explain anything

any help is appreciated

(im sorry for couple of messages at the same time - my browser went crazy :/ )

Edited by rudy691

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to apologise for hijacking this thread slightly but I have been following this thread closely as I am in pretty much exactly the same position as Rudy, I have received a letter off DG solicitors that they are going to apply for a CCJ, or in my case a Decree I believe as I am now resident in Scotland.

The account is in dispute for the same reasons as Rudy, I have had the same photocopied T&C's minus the signed credit agreement and the same letters off Metros etc, all have had similar replies to what have been recommended here.

I do have a couple of questions though and would appreciate your thoughts;

I am currentlty training to be an officer on tankerships, naturally this takes me out of the country, typically for 2+ months at a time. Can I be served whilst out of the country in such a manner, I currently reside with my parents whilst training who may open my letters if I ask them, and if summons is issued instruct them that I am unable to attend. Would this be the best course of action.

I have naturally been somewhat slow in replying to some of their letters, would this stand against me a county court

Are they likely to take this matter to court in the absense of a signed credit agreement. I am fairly confident of my ability to put forward a good defense.

Would their breach of the contract in passing this on to DG and metro whilst in dispute, coupled with their apparent loss of my signed CCA render the agreement void/terminated in the eyes of a judge/sheriff, may such a request be made on the day or would a seperate counter claim have to be made myself?

Would their lack of any explanation as to how my CCA became missing (missplaced/destroyed), when it was last seen, from where it was lost, who was responsible for its loss, how was it stored, lack of investigation.... be seen as an ongoing dispute? Would putting this argument forward in court make them look incompetant, and put sheriff/judge on my side?

Now to the most important bit, I also have a current account with HSBC, this had an overdraft agreement of £1500. Two months ago my paychecks put the account into the black, it was my intention to close the account at this point, however I was at sea at the time so did not have the opportunity to do so. In the meantime HSBC have promptly removed £700 form the account using a DR code, and putting "AS ADVISED" on the statement (online). Obviously I will now withdraw the remaing money and close the account. I am aware this is legal in certain circumstances, but recieved no "ADVICE" off them prior to them doing so, and it has been done whilst the CC account is in dispute. IS THIS LEGAL !?!?!?

As i mentioned earlier any thoughts and opinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Vstar

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.

looks like im back now...

it looks like HSBC have passed this on to another debt collection agency - this time is WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES.

I've not had anything from them before and they actually look like a proper debt collection agency, not one of them in-houses like Metropolitan or Moorcroft.

Im starting to worry about this, as I've not heard from them for a while and now they've dropped a bomb like this !

any help is always appreciated !

Hi Rudy ,

I wouldn't worry about the multitude of dodgy DCAs that HSBC use ... they're only out to bully and intimidate you ...

Ask them to produce the paperwork which gives them the authority to collect the debt .. and a copy of the agreement that proves you owe it .. odds are they can't do either and you'll hear no more ...

If you keep copies of the correspondence and they don't cough up what you're asking for no court is going to support them .. they know it and they won't go there ...

As far as I know , Westcot are no better or worse than any of the rest of them ... I wouldn't let it worry you ....that's what they rely on ... fear ... !

Btw , looking at yor previous post .... they're not allowed to turn up on your doorstep without a court order ... which they won't get without you knowing about it in advance ... or by invitation , which you certainly won't be giving them i take it ...

There is a letter somewhere in the templates which tells a DCA that they can't do this ... someone may be able to point you in the direction of it ... I've lost my way a bit in the

new -style CAG forum
:roll:

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 3 weeks later...

just to make something clear.

if a debt collection agency (even the bogus once like moorcroft or metro) buys my debt - they should have ALL the relevant documentation, right ? I should be writing to them not to the client.

asking this, as MIDAS approached me to contact MOORCROFT regarding my credit card - i did send them the 'bemused' letter as no copy. now they've comeback to me saying that I should contact METRO regarding this. if I understand this right - MOORCROFT should have all the info and if needed, should pass all correspondence to METRO, right ?

from what I see it's like this now - MIDAS > MOORCROFT > METRO > HSBC

that's a lot of hassle involved, depsite the fact that it's been 2 years now and no agreement copy yet...

Rudy , it's up to the DCA who is asking for the money to produce the proof that you owe it ... otherwise why would you pay anyone who just happens along and says " you owe me £xxx " without producing paperwork to back it up .... they're trying to snow you .. don't let 'em ...

You could write back and tell them that ..and tell them it's not your job to prove you owe this ... it's theirs ... so it's their job to get the paperwork (if any) from the previous dodgy DCA lol !

I'll bet you don't hear any more , unless they pass it on to someone else ... and it begins again .. :roll:

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 year later...

been a while now ;) actually more than a year with no post from HSBC.

but it's back on now - this time it's "Marlin Europe I Limited"

just wondering if anything changed in the past year ? or should I just continue like I did before ('bemused' letter is ready) ?