HSBC Credit Card

rudy691
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, thats probably because HSBC don't have it. As I have said, Metropolitan are HSBC, they are just trying to make out they are different.

I think that you are looking at it in a logical way, when Creditors are not logical. The law says they must keep the agreement, and provide you with a substantive copy. They should then have that agreement when they want to enforce it.

In their wisdom, they coppied all of the agreements, then threw them away. They now expect the establishment to cover their backsides when things go wrong. Guess what, they do.

They will keep hounding you until they decide to give up or take you to court.

Imagine how many people do not have a clue about CCA law and just give in. I doubt if 1% of people in financial dificulties belongs to a forum like this one.

my missus just send me a text that Metro send another letter with something that was supposed to be a copy of the agreement, but it's not ;)

from what i missus said, its the same thing like HSBC have send her before as an agreement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2655730.html

its a credit card request form with her details filled in (obviously by HSBC ;) ) with no signature

so this package from Metro was rather big ;) they've made a better effort than HSBC itself did ;) this what they've send:

20av56o.jpg

24uyt7t.jpg

os4fgk.jpg

a1tjwz.jpg

97ikd0.jpg

xqg6bn.jpg

2e2ozf6.jpg

on top of that they've send:

- statements since May 2007

- credit card agreement terms from 2005 (pages not numbered, no siggy)

- important changes to credit agreement from 2008

- t&c from 2009

no signature anywhere. that credit request form was freshly filled in with a pen, ther even was a mistake in my missus first name ;) they've put the old address there too.

what would be my next step ?

thanks in advance.

They don't have to provide a signature, but it has to be a true copy of the agreement that you signed, not just a blank form filled in by someone else, unless this is what the agreement that you signed looked like.

There would have been no room for the PT's on this document.

Payment Terms Rudy .......... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 1 month later...

Tell 'em to provide the documentation you require and point out that until then this account is well and truly 'In Dispute '....read my previous advice rudy , it still holds good ....... they can't take your missus to court without an agreement ....... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rudy, no they don't. It is incredible how stupid they can be.

You need to go back to them, stating that the documents supplied bear no resemblance to any initial agreement, therefore this can not be a true copy. Ask them if they are genuinely confused or deliberately trying to mislead.

Agree with them that they can reconstruct, but that it must be reconstructed from the original agreement, so that there is no doubt as to the content of any agreement.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

had a surprise letter from Metro today ;)

had nothing from them for a couple of weeks, despite that Final Demand that I've received last week

anyway, here it is:

2ekm05l.jpg

ne9pb7.jpg

2dgrxv9.jpg

2v2e26g.jpg

fu13py.jpg

they've also send me credit card t&c's from, what it looks like, time when I took the card, current cc t&c's and "changes to the cc t&c's" - all scans, no leaflets. also on that "agreement" they've put my address from 4 years ago.

can somebody take a look at this and share some advice ?

Thanks in advance

Vint is right Rudi , .... if it's 'reconstituted' , which they say it is in their letter , then it won't have your signature on it ......in which case it's OK for it to be able to demonstrate to you 'what you(maybe) would have signed' .....but no use for court.............

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 2 weeks later...