Court Case #5 - CL Finance (GE Money - Debenhams Store Card) **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Here we go again!

On behalf of my wife I am starting this thread.

I am posting all the documents I have to date so far.

This is the same as my first CL Finance case -

Started off with GE Money,

transferred to Viking without Notice,

was invisibly transferred to CL Finance,

Howard Cohen Solicitors sent a notice of assigned coupled with the Court claim in the one letter!

Default Notice is invalid.

CCA Incomplete in so far as they have not sent the original T's&C's going by my case #4 if they were to send them they would not be from the original document anyway

Enjoy!

As usual...any advice is welcome :)

Debs2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I have sent Cohens a CPR Request asking for CCA, DN etc and they have replied today saying that as this is a small claim they are under no obligation to provide the requested information.

They reckon the POC are enough to defend against!!!!!

Umm... I think I know the answer to the question, but can someone just confirm that regardless of the type of claim, they need to provide us with the information requested?

I assume if I am correct that this wil be quite a short defence?

The same response was sent for my claim number 6 aswell.

I have been checking other threads and it seems this is a standard response from these monkeys.

I have taken a copy of defence submitted by CCM (hope you dont mind CCM) for practically the same situation!!

I will wait and see what happens :)

By the way, in case anyone is confused by two threads practically the same... My wife and I have 2 cases which are also practically the same...these are our 5th and 6th cases... so hope that explains that!

Hi Luxxinterior

Your lucky that Howard Cohen sent you anything lol.

Not heard a dicky bird from them with my CPR request and i sent mine at the beginning of March. Court Case end off September with these Monkeys, looking forward in sorting these people out in Court.

Gaz

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Lux,

How are your threads progressing?

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hello Lux,

How are your threads progressing?

Cant complain ghostdebt ty :) ...stuck on one at the mo though. Northern rock, CCA, just recently realised that PPI made CCA made agreement unenforceable. Gotta amend defence, and counterclaim, but dont have a cluse what im doin lmao. Case has been stayed at the mo :)

Northern Rock I haven't dealth with yet as haven't rocked that boat.

Maybe in time, get a few others out the way first...

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 5 months later...

WON!!!!

Bad day for Howard Cohen and CL Finance by the looks of it :)

Two of my wifes cases were consolidated and heard at the same time.

The same story for both...

They did not turn up at all!!

Judge saw the agreements were unenforceable... No Prescribed terms on one and some missing on the other...

No Default Notice

No Termination notice

Wrong account numbers on each of the agreements

In fact the judge found it hard to not laugh at the claim...he and we were smiling throughout :)

So ironically...they owe us £8.50 in costs :) pity we didnt keep all those receipts lol

We were going to ask for a debenhams voucher instead but thought that may be pushing it!!!

Howard Cohen i have to say are the worst solicitors I have ever come across...even the Judge found it hard to believe they could be so stupid :)

Can any of the site team change the status to WON please?

Many thanks to all who helped and advised..

WON!!!!

Bad day for Howard Cohen and CL Finance by the looks of it :)

Two of my wifes cases were consolidated and heard at the same time.

The same story for both...

They did not turn up at all!!

Judge saw the agreements were unenforceable... No Prescribed terms on one and some missing on the other...

No Default Notice

No Termination notice

Wrong account numbers on each of the agreements

In fact the judge found it hard to not laugh at the claim...he and we were smiling throughout :)

So ironically...they owe us £8.50 in costs :) pity we didnt keep all those receipts lol

We were going to ask for a debenhams voucher instead but thought that may be pushing it!!!

Howard Cohen i have to say are the worst solicitors I have ever come across...even the Judge found it hard to believe they could be so stupid :)

Can any of the site team change the status to WON please?

Many thanks to all who helped and advised..

Hi Luxxinterior

Well done, fantastic news for you.

Couldn't you go for wasted costs on those accounts.

Gaz

Thank you all...

They only had the agreements and some account statements...thats it. They had a badly written witness statement and that was all.

The costs...well to be honest I am not bothered really....we got 40p per mile and £5 car parking :) thats plenty...these parasites are gone...thats enough for us :)

Edited by Luxxinterior

Well done.

However, just a small word of warning. HC/CL Finance discontinued a claim against me in October. Santander have "Bought" it back & are phoning me everyday. No NOA. Also the account has increased by £800, HC's costs. They haven't got a clue why HC discontinued, & have no knowledge that they have already tried to litigate.

I've read somewhere on the forum, that if a case has gone to court & won, which yours did you can apply to the courts, or ask the judge to prevent them from passing it to someone else.In effect, so you don't have to go through the whole thing again.

Something you might want to look into.

Howard Cohen/GE Money discontinue claim

Debs