You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello   I agree with dx100uk.   Send them a CCA request which is a request for them to produce the original agreement that gives rise to the debt.  They have a limited amount of time (I think around fifteen days) to send you the document.   Here are the possible follow-ons from that:   1. They don't respond within 15 days and so you are legally entitled to stop paying until they do send a response. 2. They send a letter saying they have gone back to the original creditor to ask for the document and they need more time.  You (legally) stop paying after fifteen days and don't pay them again until they send proof. (This is the most likely first response as they wont have any of your documentation as they bought your debt as part of 1000 others on a spreadsheet on a CD ROM or USB stick). 3. They send you something that looks like a contract or which might be something else that they want you to think is the contract within the time frame.   After either of the above  whatever they send you should be referred back here for an assessment as they will often send you unsigned documents or made up bits of nonsense.  Even if the contract turns out to be the genuine one it still might not be enforceable due to errors made by the creditor at the time of signing.   The only potential downside to the above is that they could try to damage your credit record but probably it is as much damaged as it can be by this debt already so nothing else they can do will make it worse.   Following on from the above you can continue to not pay them.  I would setup an on-line savings account and pay yourself the money instead which has the advantage of creating a resource in case you need to resume payments in the future.   They may send you further letters either inducing you to resume payments by threat or by offering you a deal.  If the document is not valid then the only deal you need to take is the one you unilaterally entered into at T plus 15 days when you agreed with yourself not to pay them another penny.   It is not impossible that they will send you a letter saying the debt is unenforceable (miraculously I have actually seen one!) and asking you to pay anyway which you will of course ignore as you should not be giving any member of this low life industry any encouragement.  
    • I agree and I've no doubt that will happen in the future, but if a court claim is issued and a ccj successfully registered against the debtor then it will never be sb anyway, so are we more likely to see more court claims in the future ?      Can it not work both way though, if the sb date is ultimately aligned to the date of the default notice, essentially giving the creditor 6 years to collect or issue a court claim then regardless of when the debt was last acknowledged / payment made, a debtor could just tell the creditor to eff off after the 6 years is up, figuratively speaking     
    • Received acknowledgement of defence submission from court. VCS now have the option of continuing their claim or not. Watch this space !!!!
    • Yes it doesn't work HB  In Wales someone needed a test on a Sunday, the testing station at Llandudno Hospital was closed, so they could either go to Manchester, 75 miles, or Cardiff 200 miles and a 10 hour round trip.   But as Manchester is England no guarantee on getting test results.
    • Hi, Few days ago my car was taking by Tower Hamlets for parking in a single yellow line. The contravention time states in the PNC from 10:50 to 10:56. Is it possible that they can take my car just for 6 minutes contravention? Is possible that due to the COVID-19, I can challenge that PNC? My neighborhood is always full of cars and there are not enough parking spaces, so everyone parks in a single yellow line if there is not any parking spot available. I do not hold a parking a parking permission. I was not able to apply for it due to the covid.  Any help? Thank you very much.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
royalscot

looking for help on PPI please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3928 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

royalscot viewpost.gif

Hello im new to this site and Ive been reading with great interest over the last few days . I believe i was ripped off by the Bank of Scotland on several loans about five or six years ago , the loans culminated into a combined loan of over £14,000 . I ran into difficulties and they settled for £9000 . It has left me with ill feeling towards the bank because i feel i was forced into taking the last loan because i was behind with my payments and if my memory is correct i think i was sold ppi along with the loans at some point or other . Can anyone put me on the right road as to how i go about finding out if i am elligible for some kind of refund if i indeed did have ppi , this is my first post so please accept my appologies if it is worded wrong , thanks

Hiya Royalscot,

Right the first point in any dispute is to gather information to put you in a stronger position.

So to do that you need to send a Subject Access Request (S.A.R) this in theory should get you copies of all the data they hold on you.

I say theory because it can take a few letters as they will try there best to sstop you specially if they can see you have a case against them so with that in mind do not give up as a follow up letter to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) will short that out.

Now with an S.A.R you have to allow them 40 days this im afraid is statutory and there is a fee payable of £10 also statutory

I will post an S.A.R template letter below just edit to suit your needs send this off recorded if possible and get a postage receipt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html

While you are awaiting for this infomation it would be a good idea to have a good read up on PPI mis-selling.

There are stickys at the top of this forum and media news here

PPI in the media - The Consumer Forums

All these will put you in a good knowledgeable situation to fight them.

Good Luck

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

royalscot viewpost.gif

Hello im new to this site and Ive been reading with great interest over the last few days . I believe i was ripped off by the Bank of Scotland on several loans about five or six years ago , the loans culminated into a combined loan of over £14,000 . I ran into difficulties and they settled for £9000 . It has left me with ill feeling towards the bank because i feel i was forced into taking the last loan because i was behind with my payments and if my memory is correct i think i was sold ppi along with the loans at some point or other . Can anyone put me on the right road as to how i go about finding out if i am elligible for some kind of refund if i indeed did have ppi , this is my first post so please accept my appologies if it is worded wrong , thanks

hello royalscot,

You will need to find out if PPI was attached to your loans you can do this by sending a Data Subject Access Request to the bank with a statutory fee of £10.00 postal order or cheque but send it at least recorded delivery and keep a record of the recorded delivery and postal order number if you use that method to pay.

SAR templates here...Full SAR for ppi and also here....

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement/s with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and demands or customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

There is much more information in here that should help you along the way.

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

firstly read up on the stickies at the top of the forum there is a stack of information some will help some may not be of use.

A couple of Links to start you off...

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Let battle commence.....Thanks guys ;)

hello royalscot,

You will need to find out if PPI was attached to your loans you can do this by sending a Data Subject Access Request to the bank with a statutory fee of £10.00 postal order or cheque but send it at least recorded delivery and keep a record of the recorded delivery and postal order number if you use that method to pay.

SAR templates here...Full SAR for ppi and also here....

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement/s with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

A copy of the needs and demands or customer duty of care questionnaire... here is an example.

http://wwwa.mbna.co.uk/insurance/files/CP0608_INSU_MB_LP_S.pdf

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

There is much more information in here that should help you along the way.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

firstly read up on the stickies at the top of the forum there is a stack of information some will help some may not be of use.

A couple of Links to start you off...

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

aa

Can you help please , this loan will have been partially settled for over five years so does that mean theres no point in sending the sar because it will be statute barred ( 5 years in Scotland ) . Thanks :confused:

ppi claims are not statute barred

if you can get any evid like the CCA or loan details from them, then game on.

they might well pull the string that they have distroyed it due to data protection rule [rubbish!!!]

if they sa y that then ask for a cert of destruction.

sadly if that is the case then it s game over AFAIK

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

ppi claims are not statute barred

if you can get any evid like the CCA or loan details from them, then game on.

they might well pull the string that they have distroyed it due to data protection rule [rubbish!!!]

if they sa y that then ask for a cert of destruction.

dx

Thanks for your help , it doesnt take much effort , i think , but your last response to me was not very nice and im still baffled because of it , and your lack of reasoning , behind it !

Hiya royalscot,

This may no longer be the case, even if they or you no longer have the docs but you can prove you had the PPI via bank statements etc they have to work on an average PPI Price taken from other financial organisations prices.

This is written in the latest FSA report released last tuesday links to this below do have a good read of it as it is quiet interesting.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp09_23_newsletter.pdf

FSA unveils tough measures to protect PPI consumers

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp09_23.pdf

Regards

PF

• Haha 1

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

not wishing to hijack but- i've got proof from bank statements from 1986 -1991 and it says HFC T&S [Trust & Saving?] for PPI payments and the A/C number is there also - every month.

so you are saying this is like gold dust? i can get them with just this info?

i also have bank statements that detail the actual loan repayments on other loans, so i can hit them with that too.........??

time for a read..

dx

Hiya royalscot,

This may no longer be the case, even if they or you no longer have the docs but you can prove you had the PPI via bank statements etc they have to work on an average PPI Price taken from other financial organisations prices.

This is written in the latest FSA report released last tuesday links to this below do have a good read of it as it is quiet interesting.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp09_23_newsletter.pdf

FSA unveils tough measures to protect PPI consumers

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp09_23.pdf

Regards

PF

Thanks pompey , I just watched a video on the which magazine website about ppi , it was very informative indeed . It listed two reasons why i should send away my sar , so i`ll get the cheque book out and send it asap , thanks for your help mate , cheers

quite honestly i'd give them no excuse about cheques and who it needs to be made too

i'd use a blank £10 P.O.

that way they dont get your sig either!!

dx

quite honestly i'd give them no excuse about cheques and who it needs to be made too

i'd use a blank £10 P.O.

that way they dont get your sig either!!

dx

I thought if i put as line through my signature it would tell me if they use it again !! Wots your thoughts , surely they couldnt copy my signature , thats downright bloody fraud.... so the police would be involved ?:eek:

it's been very closely suspected this has been done by DCA's.

now a bank would'nt need to i would assume.

dx