Incorrect Default keeps being added to credit file,compensation?

nickypudsley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone please have any advice for my below issue?

Egg issued a Default against my credit file in Nov last year and they promptly removed it as it was incorrect. The problem I have is that the Default has since gone back onto my file a total of 5 times, it goes on, we see it, complain and they have promptly removed it (Usually within 48 hours).

I have a letter from Egg stating that this is a problem that they are having their end and that they agree the Default should not be on the account.

I have been advised by Egg to put a claim in for compensation and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and what type of compensation amount I should be looking at?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted....

Rgds,

Pudsley.

Join The Club

I Had Exactly The Same Issue With Hbos Every 6 Months

I Find Being Polite To Begin With Did The Trick

Its Just Some Monkey Not Doing There Job As Its An Automated Procedure

When Tom Brennan stood up in court to claim damages against NatWest for personal distress and injury to financial reputation, the judge asked for quantified evidence of same, for which Tom had not prepared.

If you can quote chapter and verse, that on a certain date you made an application for credit or for a job or a proposal of marriage to a beautiful girl, but you were turned down because of repeated blackballing by Egg in front of a nationwide readership, your claim will be more convincing. The principle is proportionality, that punishment should fit the crime, that compensation sould fit the discernible injury.

The reason you noticed the repeated blackenings of your reputation was that you had practical reasons to safeguard your reputation. If you can produce an itemised catalogue of blunders along with Egg's letter of admission, this will not go down well for Egg with the Data Commissioner or with OFT the regulator, who may impose exemplary punishment on Egg.

So, according to your circumstances and demonstrable degree of injury, claim for same plus a little more on top as Egg is sure to haggle. They are already resigned to paying, so oblige their expectation and then some.

If the blunders hurt victims but not Egg then why would Egg bother to mend their ways? While you obtain compensation for yourself you will also be raising a standard for principle and helping to prevent injury to innocent victims less vigilant than yourself.

Very best of luck.

Edited by Mistermind