You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

cookie1234

Letter from Capquest - Insolvency Act 1986

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3187 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can someone help?

I have today received a letter from Capquest. The letter states that as I haven't responded to previous letters that they are forced to consider action against me and they have enclosed a statutory demand under section 268(1)(a) of the insolvency act 1986.

I have found the original debt that was taken out in Sept 2000 and have the original credit agreement (no signature).

I did have problems several years ago and I was paying this debt to a solicitor in 2003, however, I stopped paying sometime late 2003 early 2004 due to further problems. I haven't had any letters about this debt since 2004 until now and it is no longer on my credit file. I have also got married since and the letter is addressed to my maiden name.

Can anyone help me as it says I have 18 days to respond and I don't know what I should do?

Thank you

So Crappyquest Are Getting In On The Stat Demands Are They

First Thing You Need To Do Is Get It Set Asside And Claim Costs Against These Cretins

Was The Letter 1st Or 2nd Class

Uk Mail

Tnt

Etc

Keep Hold Of The Envelope

Whats The Date On The Letter

I have the envelope, it was a prepaid envelope 1st class

The date on the letter is the 22nd July 2009

Sorry I should have said all this in one post!

How do I go about getting it set aside?

Thanks for your help by the way

No Probs

Give Me 5 To Get Some Threads For You To Have A Nose At To Begin With

We Have Plenty Of Time

These Are Dished Out Like Confetti To Scare

The Courts Hate Them As They Are Trying To Use The Insolvency Service For Debt Collection

Cretins

Thank you, I'll have a read and come back to you.

Thread moved to Legal Issues Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi again!

I'm sorry I never came back - I think after reading the material I decided to do nothing. However, I have recently received another letter saying they are going to send someone around to serve the statutory demand for bankruptcy.

What do I do?

I have never acknowledged them, however, I have noticed that they have been checking my credit file and very recently I received a call at work asking for me (by my maiden name), I told them they had the wrong number. We also keep getting calls at home, but they never leave a message, just hang up, but I'm not sure if it is them or not.

Help!

Cookie1234

If it is six years or more since you last made a payment or written acknowledgement (5 in Scotland) it will be Statute Barred so send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

If anyone does turn up with a SD you must apply for it to be set-aside.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I know it's been a while but could you please update the thread so see how you got on

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Capquest have gone a little quiet now so think it is about time you reported them to the OFT if you haven’t done so already.

Please bear in mind that the template letter on the first page of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk...=1#post3422496

may not be suitable for all and you will have to adapt it to your own circumstances I.E

You applied to get it set asidelink3.gif and CQ didn't turn up

You applied and CQ agreed to discontinue

You ignored and CQ did nothing

Today the OFT set out some new guidance and sending SD's as a debt collectionlink3.gif tool is now frowned upon.

If you want to read it, here's the link

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con.../OFT664Rev.pdf

You can complain by email and the OFT will email you back a form to sign and post back to them for them to be able to add your complaint to their list.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus;jses...1D83BF00 04F6EA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE