You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for your help.   I have just seen this on a facebook thread     We saw our hotel was not opening so we rang Jet2.com who immediately offered another hotel and gave us a refund the lady was very helpful and polite   When I rang Jet2 they said they couldn't help   At this point  I really would like them to offer us a refund. We do have the funds to pay the balance, but this may be a risk surely as we don't use credit cards. Or are they bound to refund if we refuse to change? Would you advise me to email CEO again and forward the email I have from the accommodation?
    • if this is the same as yours  it states exactly who has to do what and when..   dx  
    • Hello everyone, I managed to write a letter but since I am not very good to write such a letter in English I took parts from other letters published in this forum.  I am posting it but if it is not right please tell me and I will try to write another one. Thank You.   Dear Sir, I write regarding the letter that I have received from you and concerning the occasion on when I was reported for travelling on your bus service on 17th January 2020 in Pembridge Road/ Kensington Park Road using another person not transferable zip card.   I apologise profusely for my actions in this case. I pride myself on my integrity and honesty and I feel shameful for my moment of very poor judgement. As an international student under Tier 4 Visa conditions if this matter were to escalate further into court, it would lead to severe penalty from Home Office in my case, thus a criminal conviction would be devastating and I am afraid I will lose the right to remain further in the country.   As said above I am an international student. I have been in England less than a year and ignorantly I did not know the severity of such actions. This does not want to be an excuse for my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only wants to be an explanation of  what let me take such a foolish decision of using someone else’s zip card.   I am extremely sorry for what may appear to you to have been an attempt to avoid my liability, but I must stress that this was not intentional. I wish to apologise to the member of staff concerned and to TFL, I am just so sorry for my actions and the inconvenience caused to all involved. I am happy to make immediate payment of the unpaid fare and all the reasonable costs that my actions have caused and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to protect my good name.   I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I am very sorry that my ignorance has led to this situation now. I sincerely hope that you will accept my offer. I am now fully aware of the rules relating to the TFL freedom pass and tickets and can assure you that I will always ensure to hold a valid ticket of my own on any future journeys.   I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.    
    • I've read through the claim. The defence is in a document format – and I presume that you have simply typed it out. However it is a block of text and it is too difficult to read properly. Please will you post the defence again but this time properly spaced and punctuated in a way that you would like to see if it was presented to you. I have to say that your claim form has run to 9 pages – and pretty well all of it unnecessary. The one most important element which seems to be missing – is that you have asserted your right to reject the vehicle. This is almost all you need to plead in the claim form. You say that you have asserted your right to reject. Please will you post a scanned copy of that. If you don't have access to a scanner then for £49 you can get an excellent run from PC World which will last you for years. We give very good help and advice and support here free of charge – but I think it's reasonable for people to have at least the minimum equipment needed to use this kind of setting. A claim form is simply used to state your course of action – and not to provide all the evidence and advance information about your case. Your claim should simply have been Please will you post the letter of rejection. And yes, it wasn't a good idea to pay by bank transfer
    • There you go then, you are being blackmailed. Just checked the wording of the template corporate response you received. Did you notice this? (bolding mine)     You're not choosing to cancel. The choice has been made for you. The problem here is that your OTA is refusing to admit that your holiday is being cancelled, until the very last minute and trying to force your hand into choosing to cancel it.   No matter what you do do not cancel it yourself, and lose your deposit. The way I see it you have 2 options: 1) Pay the £1800 and wait for them to cancel your holiday, then get the refund you are entitled to. Please only do this if you can afford it. 2) Don't pay the balance, but don't cancel. Try and negotiate further with them so they can't claim that you chose to cancel. Show them the evidence you shown us that your holiday is already cancelled, and demand they provide evidence that your holiday is going ahead. Send them a letter of intent, take them to small claims court if they refuse to refund your deposit.    People on this forum other than me should be able to help with step 2)
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
NotoriousREV

Student Loan Company and Thesis Servicing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but hopefully someone can help me. My wife has been contacted by Thesis Servicing saying that they have taken over her student loan from 1997 and that she owes arrears totalling over £200 because the loan was not defferred for 3 months in 1998.

She has deferred her loan since she graduated as she has never earned above the threshold, however in 1998 she did make one payment but then reinstated her deferrment which the Student Loan Company backdated.

Thesis are saying that under the terms and conditions, the SLC should have chased the arrears and that the reason the Govt. has moved the loans away from the SLC to Thesis is because SLC weren't handling the accounts correctly.

Thesis have asked my wife to contact the SLC and get them to confirm in writing that they have deferred the loan and that they broke the terms and conditions of the loan by not chasing the arrears.

My wife has contacted the SLC who have confirmed to her that her deferrment was valid and backdated and as far as they are concerned there are no arrears, however they won't put it in writing, especially the part about breaking the terms and conditions. They also said that there is a Liaison department for Thesis to contact to get the details, but Thesis are saying they don't need to as they have the paperwork in front of them. They are also saying they will issue a default notice if the payment isn't made.

This is the first that my wife has heard from anyone that the debt has been transferred to another company and she also didn't recieve the deferrment papers this year (which should have come from Thesis) although they are claiming that they have sent both items.

My questions are:

1. How can this debt be transferred without my wife's agreement or knowledge? Is this legal? Surely her agreement is with the SLC and not Thesis?
  2. Given that the loan is currently deferred, can they legally claim for these arrears?
  3. Are Student Loans covered by the Financial Ombudsman?
  4. What can we do (other than paying) to prevent the default notice?
  5. Thesis are very aggressive and we simply don't want to deal with them. Is there any way to get the account transferred back to the SLC?

It just feels like this shouldn't be legal. I don't understand how your account can suddenly be handed over to another company and them to start going back through the payment history and claim "arrears" on a deferred loan i.e. one that no payments are due on.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

It's the 'old style' student loan so it's covered by the CCA 1974. Send a CCA request to Thesis Servicing http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

When you get it back post it back here after removing identifying details & we'll see if they can enforce the agreement as a whole. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

wait a mo, was 1998 that last time it was deffered?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for the replies. CCA request will be sent this weekend.

Ida, no, the loan has been deferred annually since the start. My wife is trying to find as many statements as she can. None of the ones we do have show any arrears of any kind.

She phoned Thesis last night and the guy she spoke to was more helpful. He agreed to personally contact the SLC liaison line and also admitted that there would be no impact on her credit file (which she had earlier been told that a default would be issued which would trash her credit history).

okies let us know what they send back

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)