• Tweets

• Peter,   I thought overdrafts were payable on demand ?  
    • I'm sorry but this may be a long post but I really need some advice : My son has been working on a fixed term, claims based contract which usually finishes at the the beginning of January and then employees are asked back.. Unfortunately I was sent home from work to self isolate due to being in contact with a positive contact .I then started to feel unwell and sent for a test which unfortunately came back positive so my son had to also isolate. During this time he had kept his employers informed that he was having to self isolate and that I had received a positive and he had ordered a test and was being tested. (which actually came back positive) This is where it starts to go wrong ,although he had contacted work and gave the names of the colleagues who he had been in contact he sent an email (or so he thought) informing them that he was positive .It was not until he returned to work that he realised that the email was sitting in drafts. The app said that he had to isolate until 28th (he went to work on 28th) which he showed them when he got to work, however it does say that you have to isolate 10 days from the test or from when you start displaying symptoms so he had been isolating for 14/15 days. He was sent home as no one was aware of his test result and was told that the manager would contact him to arrange to speak to him but she was currently on holiday. He sent an email explaining all the time lines .He did not hear anything back until last week asking him what shifts he would be available for in the new year, all good we thought but then he received a letter yesterday stating  "After a thorough investigation relating to your conduct upon receiving a positive COVID-19 test result, the decision has been made not to offer you further employment " He replied saying that he did not know that there had been an investigation and requested the copies of the investigation. The reply was " "as you are not currently in the employ of ---------------there is no legal requirement for me to provide evidence for this. However in light of your request for information, the following informed the final decision:" The absence of communication with a manager upon confirmation of a positive COVID-19 result The absence of communication with a manager to arrange your return to work following a positive COVID-19 test result The high level of risk to people and business associated with the two points above The approach to communication with colleagues and management upon your return to work We have a duty of care to protect our employees and members of the public, and as we continue operating within this pandemic we must be able to fully trust our team to follow correct procedures at all times. Can anyone help please ? Do they not have to provide evidence especially he was not given the opportunity to defend himself.
    • Hey guys - I've read a fair few of the Hermes related posts but hoping you can guide me here.   I paid Parcel2Go to ship 2 speakers to me, via ParcelForce from an ebay seller (Value £170 + £33 shipping) I stated on the form it was 2 speakers, and having been told that these were protected for loss only, I took out their insurance (£9 cost) The seller packed them according to their packaging tips page - two layers of corrugated cardboard and some corrugated plastic cushioning (4 layers).    They arrived badly damaged - the base smashed on one, cracked on the other. Dents on both. Looks like they had been dropped several times from a reasonable height.   Parcel2Go are now saying that they class these as Musical Instruments and that they must be packed in a hard case.  As such they will not pay anything towards the damage. After searching through several pages, and buried links, I've have found this in their terms but its buried pretty deep, and wasn't at all clear in any correspondence, or during the booking process.   Do I have a leg to stand on in terms of making a claim in small claims court? Really disappointed in the terrible handling of both the parcels and the complaints process.   Thanks for any advice - its very much appreciated.    
    • So then the guide is incorrect. I don't have duplicate entries on my credit file even from the piggybank loan which is the only one of the 3 that i'm aware of being sold.  I'm subscribed to all 3 so have checked them all. So 2 of the 3 PDL's are not with DCA's and the same 2 companies are in administration and from what i read that means they can be removed.  I will re read the guide but am sure that applies.     "If the company who reported this info doesn’t exist anymore – Then you have a right to have the information removed by default. Its only in the case of where it hasn’t been picked up by a Debt Purchaser."
    • Yes, had no symptoms,  just took the test in case I was positive, and didn’t want to spread in case I was positive and carried on working.   On the test instructions leaflet they gave me with nothing on the back to say you should isolate now till you get test results.   so don’t know where I stand, I believe I haven’t broke the law.   as I believe there might not a employers covid testing policy in place, and not signed a document. I have read about what to do etc. I cannot check as suspended, but will ask for a copy.    
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Equifax your time has come!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3598 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good petition to sign as well. If we were to start one off like this about CRA then we all could put our own experience in about the CRA's :D

Against the nomination of Tony Blair as "President of the European Union" - Petition - Sign this petition here - Signature page - GoPetition

• 2 weeks later...

LOL,

The whole credit system needs overhauling as it encourages people to borrow more and more until they hit a financial meltdown where by another load of parasites start picking your bones:mad:

Hindsight is wonderful......

But now knowledge and advice are life savers:D

I have had both my CCJs set aside by the courts. Experian have removed one but are refusing to remove the second even though I have checked the Registry Trust's records which now show that there is nothing registered against my name (and told them this). I have just noticed that when removing the first one, Experian had removed the wrong one and now having received notification from the Registry Trust to move the second they are refusing to remove because the case numbers don't match.

OMG Credit Experts I wouldn't trust them with a shopping list let alone my credit data.

I have had to do all the investigating myself and I am given different information every time I talk to one of their operatives...continually ask to talk to a line manager but strangely never there! I want a job as a manager at Experian, it must be a right cushy number! Any way once more into the breach tomorrow morning, by then my blood may have cooled to a mere simmer :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Lisbon european treaty which we join on 1st December 2009.

Will this mean as europeans we will have the 3 year rule for holding are credit files as our fellow europeans do.

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

Will this mean as europeans we will have the 3 year rule for holding are credit files as our fellow europeans do.

... Does this mean are defaults etc ''fall off'' after this date..??? :p

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Is there anything in writing about this or will we have to wait 5 years before any thing will done just like the MP's expensive fisaco giving them 5 years for the new rules to take affect.:evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great, 4 months in and so far we have 415 signatures, another 85 needed within 8 months for some recognition, keep signing guys.

This is what happens when petition ends on 23rd July 2010.

What will happen to my petition once it is finished?

Once your petition has closed, usually provided there are 500 signatures or more, it will be passed to officials who work for the Prime Minister in Downing Street, or sent to the relevant Government department for a response.

Every person who signs such a petition will receive an email detailing the Government's response to the issues raised

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

Signed.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000