Equifax your time has come!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
More signatues needed, facebook would be good, any takers on setting up.

Wonder if the mods can email spam this link to all registered caggers, or would solving most caggers problems be against the sites best interest.

That is both a silly idea 'mods spamming the link to all registerted caggers' which as far as I know is not something Cag Site Helpers/Mods or even the management would do for what is essentially a campaign of yours.....If they were to start doing that with every 'worthy cause' and there are many of them found around these parts it would soon turn people off the site ...and secondly it's a ridiculous assumption of yours that 'solving most caggers problems (presumably by cag sending the link to your petition in an effort to reduce the life cycle of a debt on a cra by half) is against the sites best interests. Sarcasm doesn't suit you.

Great idea the petition, fab that people are signing it but don't attempt to mak it look like CAG should take it up as some sort of crusade and start mailing all it's members just to increase your petition count.

CAG probably got here by an idea from it's site admins which then resulted in them spending time and money in bringing the site to life and then watching it snowball and become what it is today (a heaving mass of people all with a common interest in debt and all that it involves).

Start your own website re the car and 3 year limit, you never know your crusade might just take off.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

posted by Deb t "That is both a silly idea "

would solving most caggers problems be against the sites best interest.

I wondered when someone would take the bait, only took 3 months Deb T.

As for being a "silly" idea, I would be pleased to accept a email a day for any petition that could potentially make a huge difference.

This is not MY crusade or campaign, this is for all the people that are being kept in nice little baskets by the credit agencies which enables the lenders to keep ripping people off.

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often"

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

Edited by danukindebt
Sign it!!!

Take Control

! Use excel to document all your income and outgoings !

Why would solving caggers problems be against the sites best interest? It's people that matter.:confused:

For information the site does not have money spare to send out emails to all it's users on a regular basis.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Head count at 477 signatures in 6 months mainly from this one thread.

Almost at the magic 500, thanks everyone !!!!!!

Petition to: reduce the time Credit reference agencies hold data for to 3 years. | Number10.gov.uk

Take Control

Signed

Ever thought about using Facebook to increase the numbers?????

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Just added it onto my facebook, if rage against the machine can get to christmas no1 using facebook im sure we can get a couple of sigs on the website

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

• 1 year later...

Got an email today with a response to the petition, at least we tried to make them see sense.

Got quite a few signatures to say the petitions were shot down when the new gov came into power,

120,000 sigs needed to debate in parliment, damn

Government response

Data retention by Credit Reference Agencies is a matter for the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest. Their work includes agreeing specific business-sector requirements and this six year rule is one of those agreements. The government has no present plans to single out this area for exceptional treatment.

The Government is passing legislation to establish a new Consumer Protection and Markets Authority; you can read more about that at the following link - http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/fin_consumer_protection.htm

The Government is very focused on creating conditions for growth and all options are under constant review. The government’s economic analysis and policy response is formally reviewed each year in the Budget Report. The Chancellor has announced that the date of the next Budget will be the 23rd of this month. Coverage will be available online at the following link – http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/2011budget.htm

Take Control