Can they do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The company i work for has announced it is closing another branch and all the members of staff are been transfered, they then went on to say that some people would loose their jobs because of the head count then would be to high, we were then issued with a letter saying that we were been considered for redundancy, Now to me if they blow me out the door for example and then give my job to someone from the other closed site is this legal.

Plus they recently made one person redundant from our branch and his postion has just been filled within 2 months by the transfering of the other sites staff.

I It was also said to us that it is done on a points system and last in first out does not apply. I have worked for the company for 20 years However they have tried to stitch me up quite a few times in the last 2 years and have failed to a point thanks to the union.

Also i was under the impression you got a weeks money per year etc this has been put in the letter however it states "Statutary Redun pay" Now this i understand is capped at £350 a week which is far less than what im on a week, plus they also asked for written applications for voluntary reduno as well.

I just cant see that they can make someone redundant whose been there years like me who is one of the higher paid and bring in someone from another site doing the same job with less service.