style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help we recently had law enforcement officers at my house for my sons unpaid penalty ticket to which he knew nothing about. I explained I had written to the courts etc but they would not leave until they had either goods or £270. The next day we went to Manchester magistrates whereupon my son had to swear an oath that it was not him. So the ticket was withdrawn. The court informed us that they would only return £45 the original amount & we had to contact Marstons collectors for the balance. To date they have not replied. Surely I am entitled to my money back.:-(

Yes, you are. Write to their Complaints Department at the address you have for them with details of the outcome of the court hearing. If that doesn't work, turn the tables on them and make a Small Claims action against them for the amount THEY owe YOU plus your costs and expenses.

Yes, you are. Write to their Complaints Department at the address you have for them with details of the outcome of the court hearing. If that doesn't work, turn the tables on them and make a Small Claims action against them for the amount THEY owe YOU plus your costs and expenses.

Thanx Pinky 69 for your help. Marstons are just one of about 5 different debt collectors I have chasing me at the moment.

I hope this message is in the right place as I am new to this sight & this is the first message I have answered.

THANKS.:)

Make a formal complaint against Marstons and report them to your TS and the OFT. You may also want to get your MP involved.

Thanks for the advice, all help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...