Strange call from 01254 844088

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a call from this number and the chap told me that they were a tracing company that some other company has used in order to find me. They asked for my date of birth. Unfortunately for them I do not give this sort of information out to anyone I don't know. The chap told me he will then just pass on my home phone number to them so they can get in touch with me. I told them that I would be very angry as I do not want my telephone number handed out to any Tom, Dick or Harry. I asked which company they were tracing for, but the chap would not divulge that information. Why not? He also told me that the comapny had my address to which I replied "Tell them to write to me then".

Has anyone else had any weird calls like this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Mackenzie Hall

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Thanks natalie :) who are they collecting for?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

They are the lowest of the low in terms of pondlife.

The collect for a number of companies. I wouldnt answer any calls to them tbh. I would ask if this could be moved to the Debt forum, you might get more advice there.

Personally I would write to MH reminding them of the OFT guidelines about being clear and open about who they are when contacting debtors, and then report them to OFT and FOS

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Don't worry about the thread move natalie. Now I know who they are I know how to handle them.

I did google the number and there quite a few horrific stories on there. They even contact your neighbours!!!!! Luckily my neighbours only know my first name and that is it.

I was tempted, when they asked for my date of birth to say "are you going to wish me a belated happy birthday for last friday?". But I didn't, I just told them I do not divulge that sort of information to people I don;t know.

Read this, will cheer you up and give you something to talk about when they next phone :D

The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Some one you owe money too........from a debters point of view they are BAD news, however from a creditors point of view the get resaults - and good ones at that. Good luck......lol

Hmmm, with that in mind you should also lodge a formal complaint to the original creditor about the unreputable company they have chosen to pass your a/c to...as the creditor is responsible for the behaviour of their chosen agent.

They cannot claim to be reputable as the OFT has already taken public action against them.

The more grief creditors get about the dodgy companies they pass debts onto the better :mad: -

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p