On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First post so bear with me i have a bailiff on at me done a search and the only one with his surname is from another court up north and with a different company. I'm sure he will come back very arrogant man shall i ask him ? Haven't let him in and don't intend to.

Sorry forgot it about council tax arrears so much info on this site trying to take it all in

welcome to cag there is a lot to take in but if you follow the basic rules

don't let them get a levy and pay the council direct on-line then you should be OK

you may like to start your own thread

phone this number to confirm if he is certificated and to what company(if self employed there wont be a company against his name and can work for any company)

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

this is the important part

If your search reveals that the bailiff is working for a different company it is important to be aware that statutory regulations laid down by Parliament state that if there are "any changes" to the certificate then the bailiff must “without delay” give notice to the Court and a new certificate will be issued to him reflecting the changes. This is vitally important because in almost all cases, the bailiff’s bond will be cancelled when he leaves his previous employer!!

if you find out that he is not certificated to the company he is working for

write a letter to the bailiff company and ask them to confirm in writing the date the bailiff was certificated to work for them and the name of the court he was certificated at give them 14 days from date of letter to reply

send a copy of the letter you send to the bailiff company to the council

and request that the letter be filed with your account for future reference.

send all letters recorded delivery

• Haha 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks hallowitch for the quick reply i will follow your suggestions spoke to the council they said its with the bailiffs and would not discuss it further the bailiff would not enter into any agrrement unless i made payment immediatly which i couldant do my wife is in permant care with early alzhiemers i told him everything belongs to her and she is a ward of the court of protection he just said makes no difference he can take what he likes 3rd party or not just more stress just what i need

Thanks hallowitch for the quick reply i will follow your suggestions spoke to the council they said its with the bailiffs and would not discuss it further the bailiff would not enter into any agreement unless i made payment immediately which i couldn't do my wife is in permant care with early Alzheimer's i told him everything belongs to her and she is a ward of the court of protection he just said makes no difference he can take what he likes 3rd party or not just more stress just what i need

Get back in touch with the council send them an e-mail for quickens

tell them that your wife is a ward of the court of protection because she has Alzheimer's don't ask them tell them to take this debt back

don't let them fob you off with they cant because they can and they should

NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR ENFORCEMENT AGENTS may 2002

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

• the elderly;
  • people with a disability;
  • the seriously ill;
  • the recently bereaved;
  • single parent families;
  • pregnant women;
  • unemployed people; and,
  • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

• 4 weeks later...

Had a visit from Rossendales today, their bailiff in charge is MR Chapman! No first name apparently so I cannot check whether he is registered.... There are two Mr Chapmans listed with Rossendales, so chance are he is registered. Has anyone had any letters from this one. Would like to know for sure.

This is the second bailiff to call for this account, the first one B Deplacido, signed his name as a couple of squiggly line on the WPO, and nothing in there bears any resemblance to what a B or D might look like in a signature. Now this second has come round and I cant even check if he is certificated!

Thanks

Edited by Oscar&Emmie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Just curious about whether bailiffs or HCEOs can moonlight if certified and why Sherforce doesn't appear on the list - which has, I noticed, been updated in the last two weeks! If a bounty hunter is certified as self-employed should this list specify that. If he is listed as employed by one company should he be working for another, can he be leased out?

this should answer some of your questions

Could you please note that a bailiff’s certificate is valid for just 2 years.

If your search reveals that the bailiff is working for a different company it is important to be aware that statutory regulations laid down by Parliament state that if there are "any changes" to the certificate then the bailiff must “without delay” give notice to the Court and a new certificate will be issued to him reflecting the changes. This is vitally important because in almost all cases, the bailiff’s bond will be cancelled when he leaves his previous employer!!

Hi Hallowitch

Yes, I read that but asked the question as I see the name of a particular bailiff still tied to the stated on the previous list before his licence was renewed recently. The list has just been updated because when I checked it for this guy two weeks ago, his licence had just run out. It's obviously just been renewed but for the same company and he's definitely working for another company as I have papers to prove that. Whether that other company is tied to the company he's with, is a holding company, a parent company or whatever, I don't know. Do you know if there is any way of checking whether the licence a bailiff or HCEO holds applies to him as a person or as an employee for a specific company?

Tippy

as far as i know a certificated bailiff can only work for the company he is employed by its the company that pays the bond unless he self employed and if this was the case there would be no company name next to his and he would have paid the bond himself

if you leave it till after the holidays(the bloke who deals with this is on holiday ) you can phone the Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

he doesn't have to be certificated to work for a HCEO so in theory he could work as a certificated bailiff for 1 company and for sherforce as hceo but I'm not sure if they are allowed to do that

Hi Hallowitch

Thanks for the reply. It's the bit about working for one company and acting for Sherforce at the same time that I want to know about. It's strange in more ways than one though as he's way out of what I would have thought to be his geographical area. There's no hurry about this, it's now just an excercise in curiosity to see if it leads to any info I can find a use for. I'll do as you suggest and contact the guy you suggested after the holidays.

Best wishes

Tippy

I am puzzled! IF, a bailiff changes his name to get around certification, what about the rest of his personal documentation?

If he uses a slightly or different name. Surely if found out there would be serious consequences when standing in court?

Does he change name Tax stuff, Nat Conts, Passport etc?

Edited by Alan8376

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, What an excellent site. Ive gone from not knowing where i stand to having an excellent understanding of my rights.

I have a question regarding the website where i check a Bailiff and what company he is certified with.

A bailiff has called to my mums house regarding outstanding Council Tax.

We didn't let him in, and he posted a removal notice through the letterbox on the 19th Jan and also on 21st Jan.

On this removal notice he has signed it with his last name only, Having searched the website I have found one match for this last name however, the website says he works for a different company than the one he has issued this removal notice for.

His second name isnt what i would call a common name and the court who has issued his certification is roughly 40 miles away which suggests to me ive found the right guy as it is easily driving distance.

Any information on how to nail this guy and make him worry his little backside off like he has been doing to my mum would be greatly appreciated. I wouldnt mind, mum phoned him and offered a payment plan but he wanted ALL or at least HALF of the nearly £400 outstanding from a single mum who is currently on benefits.. The cheek, i felt like opening the door and introducing him to my complaints department that i keep at the back of the door !!!!!

Thanks in advance

MaInY

phone the

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 or the court on Monday to confirm that he hasn't changed to the new company until he changes to his new company he shouldn't be collecting council tax debt more importantly he cant charge fees

the company pays a bond (insurance) and when he changes company's the old company cancel this bond he needs this bond to work

“Change of bailiff’s name, address, etc

7A.

(1) In this rule relevant detailsmeans a bailiffs name, address or other written information appearing on the certificate

(2) If there is any change in the relevant details, the bailiff shall without delay give

written notice of the change to the issuing county court and produce his certificate (the old certificate) to the court officer of the issuing county court.

(3) When a bailiff gives notice and produces the old certificate in accordance with paragraph (2) above, the Judge of the issuing county court shall issue to the bailiff a replacement certificate reflecting the change in the relevant details but in all other respects

(including, without limitation, the date of expiry of the certificate the same as the old certificate.

(4) When a replacement certificate is issued in accordance

with paragraph (3) above,the court officer shall retain and cancel the old certificate.

Edited by hallowitch

Christ Hallowitch wasnt expecting a reply at this time in the morning, but thank you very much !

I did see that number mentioned earlier on a few times, but wanted clarification before I went ahead and rang it.

From what I can see on the 2 removal notices my mum has, he has not added any fee's which seems odd to me if he has been to the property twice in 3 days and on one of those days it was well out of normal working hours.

I will give this number a ring first thing on monday morning.

Once again thank you very much for that speedy reply !! :)

haha :D

If im honest my mum is easily persuaded and pushed around by people like bailiffs, if it wasnt for me she would have let the guy in to take the lot :(

It is this forum i have got 99% of the information and resources from.

The bailiff is just trying the scare tactic, but mum is falling for it, i can see how worried she is. So im getting what i can together to show her where she stands and that this guy has no rights what so ever to come in unless invited or doors/windows are left open.

I think im going to get her to make payments to the council directly via there phone service every week, as she asked them nicely to take the debt back but gave the usual "its in the bailiffs hands now" speech.

I will ring that number and create a separate thread once i know a little more as i may need some advice on the situation as a whole.

Thanks yet again

MaInY :)

Hi everyone,

I have only posted on this site a few times but think I may be using it more often now. I have a question that I know you clever people will know the answer to.

Rundle and Co. Limited, Birchalls Limited and CCS Enforcement Services Limited are a group of Certificated Bailiffs. I have had letters from a Bailiff on Birchalls Limited letter headed paper but the Bailiff is nor registered on the HM Courts Service as working for Birchalls he is registered as working for Rundle and Co. He also called me today and said that he was from Rundle and Co but my letters are all from Birchalls.

Is this right? Can he do that?

Well i have contacted the number i was advised to this morning.

They had not received anything from this bailiff to say he had changed company but advised me to ring the court that issued his Certification.

The court then confirmed that they had been told he has moved company :(

And there was me thinking i had him for a minute... Ah well, thanks for all the help anyway was much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have only posted on this site a few times but think I may be using it more often now. I have a question that I know you clever people will know the answer to.

Rundle and Co. Limited, Birchalls Limited and CCS Enforcement Services Limited are a group of Certificated Bailiffs. I have had letters from a Bailiff on Birchalls Limited letter headed paper but the Bailiff is nor registered on the HM Courts Service as working for Birchalls he is registered as working for Rundle and Co. He also called me today and said that he was from Rundle and Co but my letters are all from Birchalls.

Is this right? Can he do that?

Hi, is there anyone that would be able to help with this?

phone and ask

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

i know they can only work for the firm that he is certificated to and if i was pushed for an answer i would say no he cant

A baiiff has an obligation to keep the court up to date with his or her details, which includes his or her business address, but when this is not done the Certificate remains valid. The three companies you mentioned are under common ownership and it looks like they pass work around: while there shouldn't be confusion about which company is enforcing a particular warrant or order, the bailiff's Certificate doesn't have to show that same company.

• 1 year later...

I'm doing an online search for 'Chandlers ltd' and just coming up blank, I have the name of the bailiff as well but that gives no results either, I wont name him unless I get permission first.

Does anyone know if Chandlers ltd is a genuine firm of bailiffs please.

I'm doing an online search for 'Chandlers ltd' and just coming up blank, I have the name of the bailiff as well but that gives no results either, I wont name him unless I get permission first.

Does anyone know if Chandlers ltd is a genuine firm of bailiffs please.

Chandlers are Bailiffs, believe the online register has gremlins unless of course the equipment has been seized by a Bailiff.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]