On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have just discovered that the bailiff chasing me for council tax is not on the list. I searched by both the company and his name. What does this mean in terms of my debt? I haven't paid him anything but he keeps coming round and scaring my children!

I have just discovered that the bailiff chasing me for council tax is not on the list. I searched by both the company and his name. What does this mean in terms of my debt? I haven't paid him anything but he keeps coming round and scaring my children!

I would suggest sending the bailiff a text message to say the following:

I have searched the Ministry of Justice website and this does not show you a being certificated. Can you confirm to me what date you were granted a certificate and at which court?

ooooh ooooh this is interesting! i have just searched the names of two bailiffs who have been round to my house to collect PCN's on behalf of a local authority and guess what................yep you guessed it, neither are on the list.

So how does this work to my advantage, who do I report this to and does this mean that these people can't chase me any more?

ooooh ooooh this is interesting! i have just searched the names of two bailiffs who have been round to my house to collect PCN's on behalf of a local authority and guess what................yep you guessed it, neither are on the list.

So how does this work to my advantage, who do I report this to and does this mean that these people can't chase me any more?

If a bailiff enforcing an unpaid PCN is not certificated then according to section 78(7) of the Road Traffic Act he will be committing an "act of trespass" !!

HOWEVER..an error MAY have occured and therefore I would suggest sending the bailiff a text message to say the following:

I have searched the Ministry of Justice website and this does not show you a being certificated. Can you confirm to me what date you were granted a certificate and at which court?

hi guys could some one please help me had a nasty run in with hammond hillman limited bailiff today,im still sitting her in tears.

tried to check if he is on the list but neither him or his company is comming up,what am i doing wrong?

hi guys could some one please help me had a nasty run in with hammond hillman limited bailiff today,I'm still sitting her in tears.

tried to check if he is on the list but neither him or his company is coming up,what am i doing wrong?

it will depend what debt he is collecting not all bailiff need to be certificated

you need to start your own thread and give more info

thanks hallo its council tax btw

phone this number to confirm he is not a baillif and mention the company name

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders

hi guys could some one please help me had a nasty run in with hammond hillman limited bailiff today,im still sitting her in tears.

tried to check if he is on the list but neither him or his company is comming up,what am i doing wrong?

I have checked the list myself and have found that they have 10 bailiff's listed as being certificated.

In the search box you need to put the following:

Hammond Hillman Ltd

Edited by tomtubby

Guest Thebailiff

Wow, just checked myself on there and i KNOW i am certificated and yet i dont show up. Will be off down the courts tomorrow to find out why. Dont put to much faith in this system yet ppl.

Wow, just checked myself on there and i KNOW i am certificated and yet i don't show up. Will be off down the courts tomorrow to find out why. Don't put to much faith in this system yet ppl.

we know its not right i don't think anyone expected it to be right its a government database when did they ever get anything right

This is a big database to put together and for it to be totally accurate requires input from each and every "issuing court" in the Country and Bailiff companies and individual Bailiffs as well.

If a bailiff is not showing as certificated then the follwoing text message can be sent to him or her:

Any bailiff who is in receipt of a valid bailiff's certificate should have no difficulty at all in responding to this text message within a very quick period of time.

First time of posting so please bear with me. Recently had a gentlemen knock on door and he signed himself as Senior Bailiff in Charge Enforcement. Looked on the HM website and cannot find him or the company he works for. I have spoken to the Company who say he is certified. Don't believe the Company and want proof that he is in a position to clamp my car for an unpaid PCN. Any help much appreciated.

Great website by the way.