You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

AliceDoyle

Need abit of help...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got a overdraft for £50 for one month. Gone over it by ridiculous amounts. Its now upto £210. 'Cos am not paying it back there adding £15 on a day, plus a extra £15 a month.

They wont give me a bigger overdraft, they wont stop the fee's. How am I supposed to pay it please?!

Can't ask my mum and dad 'cos they are "not funding me anymore" and my dad has just paid a big load out for my car to be fixed.

If I don't pay it by 3 o'clock tomorrow, I will then be in £225 debt.

Can anybody help me please? :(

Hi Alice, you're in the right place. Who is the account with? What are your circumstances, ie. working? student?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Evil LloydTwatSinceBorn

Im not working at the moment no.

That should of said Lloyd Tw@tSinceBorn ha

Can you answer my other questions please and have you been in to a branch to try and sort this out?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Got a meeting with them tomorrow, they couldn't do nothing over the phone.

Spoke to my mate about it before, and she said the same thing happend to her, they couldn't do nothing in the branch except listen to her and pretend they felt sorry for her.

Im not working at the moment. I have no form of income.

It seems to me that your bank are creating a debt for you and perhaps you should calmly tell them that tomorrow. Surely you have at least job seekers allowance or income support?

I have JSA yes.

It is only £45 a week, so no way can that pay off my debt.

Yes, I understand that but you can negotiate with the branch as you have a small income. You can show willing and offer to pay token ammounts off the account whilst you are unemployed :)

I didn't end up going to the branch as I came down with a really bad bug.

Just checked my online account, and this is what it shows...

Account balance:

£0.54 CR

Available balance:

£0.54

Overdraft limit:

£0.00

So, that means I am now in 54p credit, instead of being -£225.

So I was quite confused as how I was, so I rang, and the woman on the phone said, they are only going to take £60 on 1st Sept.

God knows why like ha

Are you having your JSA paid in to your bank account?

No. I told them I had lost my card, so could they give me it to cash at the post office.

What we need to do then is to try and get someone with a bit of sense at the bank to take the initiative and stop that £60 charge as it clearly would put you in debt.

You really need to speak to a manager at this point.

The reason I asked if your JSA was going in to the account is that banks a re NOT allowed to take your benefits for payment of charges etc.