help with sale of goods act ~ bridesmaids dresses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a friend is getting married next year, she has been very good and prepared everything well in advance including her bridesmaids dresses.

She chose and paid for all of her dresses and left them with the shop for storage.

Today she has received a phone call from the shop informing her of a crisis which now involves her dresses. It appears a not so organised bride has ordered the same dresses from the shop but because of the short notice the dresses will not be ready in time. The shop have therefore promised this customer friends dresses without consulting her. They have told her today of what has happened, she is in tears as she is now afraid that she may never get her dresses. The shop have really put the guilt trip on her, saying how she is helping out another bride, etc which I think is a bit s*itty really. The have said they will organise new dresses at no extra cost WTF??? to my friend!!!!

As the goods had been paid for where does she stand??? Had she taken the dresses home this wouldn't have happened, but she thought she was doing the best thing by leaving them with the shop where they would be safe???? :confused:

I think she should be in line for some form of compensation, but as the sale of goods act is not my area I need some help, thanks guys!!!!!

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Guest Old_andrew2018

Your friend is unlikely to get compensation, she could ask for refund and go elsewhere.

Andy

There's a potential for breach of contract - you could aim for performance of the contract.

However, given what the retailer has done, I think I would rather shop elsewhere.

It's disgraceful behaviour.