New Person - lots of advice needed - Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys!!

Oh, I'm so confused!!

I recently obtained my credit report and noticed a CCJ on there dated 9/7/2007 that I was completely unaware of for £200 ish. I chased this up with the court quoting the case number and told it was Bryan Carter & Co for Capital One. But on my credit report it clearly shows that I paid the amount I defaulted in full and now has 'satisfied' next to it!

Have they just plucked a random sum out of mid air and forced a CCJ onto my credit report? How can they do that? What should I do?

I'm really worried because it has made my credit rating really poor! (although to be honest it wasn't amazing before, but I'm trying to rectify it!):confused::confused:

Thank you (in advance) for any advice you could give me :)

Chances are Carter split the claim and this amount is just for his charges.

Did you ever receive any court papers?

If not you could request this is set aside as you never received the court papers but that would just put you back to the beginning of the court process. Not sure how that would tally with the fact you have paid of crapone now so there is no outstanding debt.

Might want this moved to the legal forum if you decide to challange and you'll get more help there. (click on red triangle on left

S.

Hiya

Thanks for the replies.

I did have a capital one credit card card but paid that off in 2004 'default satisfied'.

I have never recieved any correspondance from Bryan Carter & Co before, this is the first I've heard of them.

I moved address in 2006, and had royal mail redirect on my post for 3 months after I moved, as I thought this would be sufficent!!

I will move this to the legal forum

Thanks again :-)