Transfer council tennance to another member of family!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i want to move to a private rent, from a council proprty, but i want my daughter :razz: to take over my current council proprty! As i have put so much money into refurbishing it. how would i go about doing this legally?

:confused:

is it Just a matter of putting her name on the rent book. then removeing mine!?

ask the council!

legally i would think not, its called jumping the housing queue!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jumping the houisng queue - not if the property is her daughter's home.

That is the main question - does your daughter live at the property as her main home and has she done so for the last 12 months?

There is no such thing as adding her name to the rent book. What you would have to do is ask for a joint tenancy to be created in yours and your daughter's name. However, as far as I know there is nothing in the law about entitlement to these so the decision would be your Council's discretion. Many Councils do not like making joint tenancies because if one person leaves but does not inform the Council it can be a real problem returning it to a sole tenancy.

The best way would be to assign the tenancy to your daughter. You should be able to assign your tenancy to anyone who would be able to succeed to the tenancy if you were to die. A daughter qualifies for this but she would have to prove that she has been living there for the last 12 months. Speak to the Council first because to assign the tenancy you need to get a deed of assignment drawn up by a Solicitor. You don't want to spend the time and money doing that if there is a chance that the Council will turn it down.