Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks for your replies - sorry I don't know how to reply to individuals.   I have just had it confirmed on the phone to me today that they reported missed payment to the CRA and the response was supposedly sent via mail which I never received hence them sending me the copy via email today.  That is the reason I thought I couldn't complain to FOS.  I do owe the money that is on the account and stupidly agreed to pay which I can't get out of now.
    • Hi ericsbrother,   Will certainly take pictures around the site and everywhere related to the area in a few days time.    A year ago, it was completely free and I have been coming down this place for years before Minster took over the land. I would even pick up the rubbish if there was any, due to wildlife and a swans nest nearby.   Probably irrelevant in my defence but last time I was there, the bins were overfilled and there was rubbish blowing around the car park so they're certainly not maintaining the place.    Kal
    • I wonder if this idea is really generally applicable. Although I don't have immediately to hand any examples of where statute must be invoked in order to confer rights, it is certainly possible to exclude rights by reference to them in a contract – and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 springs to mind where you can exclude the rights of a third party to bring an action on a contract by specific reference within the contract
    • This is not correct.    Insurers have had a statutory right under the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 (Schedule 1,  paragraphs 7 and 8 ) to proportionately reduce a claim where there has been "careless misrepresentation" by the insured. As it's a statutory right it does not have to appear in the insurance policy (and if it did appear it wouldn't be in the 'average clause' - that's not what average in insurance means). Insurers might choose to reference their right in the policy but they don't have to.
    • so allow July's to go through then cancel the DD and pay your leaving bill by another method. It is not about agreement, I wuldnt stay with a company that behaved like that once, let alone every month. Leave and fairly soon you wont regret it as thy are going to go bust like most of the small outfits but sooner.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Transfer council tennance to another member of family!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

i want to move to a private rent, from a council proprty, but i want my daughter :razz: to take over my current council proprty! As i have put so much money into refurbishing it. how would i go about doing this legally?


is it Just a matter of putting her name on the rent book. then removeing mine!?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ask the council!


legally i would think not, its called jumping the housing queue!



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumping the houisng queue - not if the property is her daughter's home.


That is the main question - does your daughter live at the property as her main home and has she done so for the last 12 months?


There is no such thing as adding her name to the rent book. What you would have to do is ask for a joint tenancy to be created in yours and your daughter's name. However, as far as I know there is nothing in the law about entitlement to these so the decision would be your Council's discretion. Many Councils do not like making joint tenancies because if one person leaves but does not inform the Council it can be a real problem returning it to a sole tenancy.


The best way would be to assign the tenancy to your daughter. You should be able to assign your tenancy to anyone who would be able to succeed to the tenancy if you were to die. A daughter qualifies for this but she would have to prove that she has been living there for the last 12 months. Speak to the Council first because to assign the tenancy you need to get a deed of assignment drawn up by a Solicitor. You don't want to spend the time and money doing that if there is a chance that the Council will turn it down.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...