You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Tartan Barty

SLC think they can default me........GUESS AGAIN (some tips)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well I have been on a DMP for 4 years and then self-administered for the last 2 years (after finding CAG ;)). I have 4 student loans all pre-1998 CCA agreements. I have got copies of my agreements all are not signed by them and all are pretty much illedgible so I have no fear.

I have paid them evry month for 6 years but every 6 months the calls start to 'agree' a repayment plan. So in APril I get the 'we can default you' letter. I ring them up and ask them to provide evidence that I have agreed to let them share my data with a third party. They also want I&E before they will set up a repayment plan (never wanted before) so I tell them to send me the form and they agree to my offer for 2 months.

I then get a copy of a standard pre-1998 agreement with section 9 - Transfer of rights highlighted. Apparently this says they can share my info with 3rd parties.....yeah right!

The phone calls start about 3 weeks ago so last night I deceide to ring them (more to stop the good lady from moaning about the number of calls). The operative asks why I am calling and I say because you are calling me 2-3 times per day. She says its because your account is in arrears. Yeah no sh*t sherlock. Then she drops the bomb shell. 'Are you aware that you have been defaulted?'......what? I ask if she means they have registered a default with the CRA's....'oh yes we have'.

Right to make this shorter, some highlights of the conversation:

Me: Where does it say on the agreement I signed that you can share my data with a third party

Her: Section 9 - Transfer of rights

Me: So you have transfered my account to the CRA's have you?

Her: No we have the account (WTF)

Round 1 to me as I get put on hold

Her: This is Government loan they have changed the legislation so we can default you

Me: OK what exact legislation has been changed

Her: I don't know that but it has!

Round 2 to me as I get put on hold

Her: Section 12 of your agreement lets us analysise your data and ccrdit score you so that means we can default you

Me: Where does it say 3rd party?

Her: It doesn't (hummmmm)

Her: But its the same as a bank loan

Me: No it isn't they have a section in the t&c's specifcally for sharing data you don't

Round 3 to me as I get put on hold

Her: I don't think I can discuss this with you anymore as you don't want to listen

Me: Oh I am listening, it's just you haven't given me any credable reason why you are allowed to share my data with a 3rd party without my consent and against the Data Protection ACt.

Her: But the agreement is regulated by the CCA

Me: Ok which section covers sharing data with 3rd parties

Her: I don't know

Round 4 to me as I get put on hold

Now I get the team leader:

Me: Did you send me a default notice in the prescribed form allowing me 14 clear days to remedy any breach you allege?

Him: Yes

Me: and when was that?

Him 2004 (!!!!:eek:!!!)

Me: and have you got proof of delivery

Him of course not it was 5 years ago!

Me : Let me make this simple you remove the defaults or I take you to court.

Him: It is simple we sent you a letter in April saying we will default you if you don't pay the whole amount or come to an acceptable arrangement (BINGO)

Me: so when I sent my arrangement up in APril and you accepted it how does that not comply with your letter

Him: I don't know

Me: Well I suggest you remove the defaults immediately and confirm that in writing

Him: (desparately trying to find a reason not to) urmmmm yes everything looks to be in order so I will arrange that for you if you want to ring back to tomorrow

Me: No I want a letter

Him: OK

KO in Round 5

Argue merry hell if they try this on you. If you have an arrangement then tell them they are breaching their own letter. If you don't take them to court and see what they rely on.....fresh air.

Hope this helps some of you.

excellent well done

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Let us know if they actually do remove them. Sounds like you did a number on the gits

TBH I don't think they put anything on my file, they just said it to scare me. All my files are student loan default clean and these has never been a record from them on there. Never did get that letter......time for a phone call :D

Thesis are trying this with me at the moment. They wrote threatening to default me unless I contacted them and agreed a reasonable arrangement. I offered £50 a month which they accepted and then said it wouldn't stop the "arrears being registered" with a CRA. They have now said I must repay the full amount within 6 months otherwise they will default me. Seems they've changed their mind since the Notice of Intention to Register Defaults came. I thought I complied with it.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

You have so hold them to it!!

They probably think because you have made an offer, they can get more out of you. Just push back. Quote the letter back to them and ask which part haven't you complied with

Oh don't worry I intend to hold them to it. I'm been communicating with them via e-mail so far and they take a long time to reply so when i come back from my hols I intend to take this up with them via recorded mail instead and if they do default me I will be launching legal action against them. i don't even thing their "default notice" complied in any way with the CCA either.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]