Currys "whatever happens" insurance on a tom tom

Fatwaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone hope you can give me some advice.my misses is a courier and she bought a tom tom sat nav from currys 2 years ago and was told by the salesman to take out whatever happens insurance with it to cover her for anything untoward happening to it and she would get an instant replacement.despite me telling her not to she took it over 5 years for an extra 69 quid.

of course no it has gone wrong and she took it into the store she bought it with her paperwork and was told that she can not have an instant replacement as the cost of the unit is £9 over their £130 threshold!!

the thing is(and this is hard to explain without seeing it in black and white)on her paperwork it states below her agreement number that this product is classed as oe or ae 69(it looks like these letters but they are very close together so i think its some mysterious symbol?)and at the bottom of the paperwork it states all products between oe/ae 20 and oe/ae 130 can be taken into the store for instant replacement.

now no one at the store or on the phone knows what the hell these symbols/letters mean or stand for they will only say it is supposed to be pound signs which considering there are pound signs all over it in other places i find hard to believe lol.

they will send it away for repair which can take 21 days but as my misses is a courier and needs a sat nav and also considering she only took out the extra insurance as she was told it would be instant replacement in the first place,we are both feeling very angry and are thinking of going to CAB or trading standards.

any advice or can anyone shed any light on these mysterious symbols/letters and why hers is stated as 69 which is between the range 20-130 yet we are told that should be the price?:confused:

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you should as you state go to trading standards with this, you could if you have time up load the paperwork via photobucket, I am sure you will receive advice.

hmmm odd really they moved the threashold for instant replacement upto £150 a while ago but its never been sold on anything above that, thats the reason i brought one that was about £10 under.

it might be a salesman missleading in order to hit his sales target in the hope that he would have left by the time your wife brought it back

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Instant Replacement has only been sold as a fixed three year term during my time in the business. Five year terms on items over £150 generally fall under the 21 day repair rule. Sounds like the idiot who sold your wife the insurance confused the two and missold her. Write to head office if it isn't resolved in branch is my best advice.

FYI:

the oe Chrs# is a misprint of the £ symbol.

its what happen when UTF8 is sent direct to a post script printer from an unrecognised font.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...