You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me. Many years ago I had a loan with the Abbey which Wescot had taken over. I continued to pay them up until December 1996 when I thought the debt had been finalised. Just the other week I got a phone call from Wescot demanding the £25.00 still outstanding. I told them I owed them nothing as the debt had been fully paid. I requested they send me proof of the original debt they brought from the Abbey. Instead they have sent me a breakdown of all payments I have made, still maintaining I owe them £25.00. They have now asked for bank statements to prove that I paid the £25.00. I told them i could have paid it by postal order which I sometimes did. His reply was that all my other payments were made by debit card and therefore it should be on the statement.

Do I stand my ground and request proof that I owe this or should I just pay the £25.00?

Louboo

Hello, so its 13 years since you last heard about this debt?

In that case its statute barred, letter to send them is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162366

Hope that helps. Wescot are also chasing me for an alleged debt that is statute barred. I sent that letter off and not heard anything since.

even if it wasn't paid off in 1996, if that was the last action you made to wards the account, it is finished with anyway because it would now be Statute barred. If you tell Wescot this and let them know you will not be paying any more on this account, they are breaking the law if they continue.

These DCA's must be so hard up for cash at the moment.......

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I am so sorry, I made an error with the dates, the last payment was made in December 2006.

I am so sorry, I made an error with the dates, the last payment was made in December 2006.

ah, so its not statute barred then.

However, its really up to you want you want to do - you could CCA them to see what that throws up.

Far be it from me to trivialise £25, as its a lot of money to a lot of people, including me, but it could be an option to pay this - although I would go through the steps of confirming that the amount is owed first and also preparing a full & final settlement letter for them to agree to before any payment.

Like another poster commented, £25 is a small amount to these guys, for me I would pester them until they spent more than £25 in man hours dealing with the account, but that's just me.

It seems a long time to wait to ask for £25 if you were paying regularly.

If you pay this £25 what is stopping them asking (demanding) another £25 in the future?

I think I would be tempted to SAR them.

Regards

David

and me.send cca request,make them work for it.

no doubt they will offer to reduce it when they can not produce.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

I would first ask why its took over 2 years to try and claim this fictious £25

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

The depths these **** will go to eh? lol...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

They must be at rock bottom and there are signs that they are not the only ones.