Have I opened a can of worms?????

mountainofdebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading about the possibility of getting all bank charges refunded hubby wrote (well I wrote, hubby signed!) to Natwest asking for all bank charges to be refunded etc....the total being about £2800 - not a small sum and that's without interest.

However as he's got a business account with them also, his personal account (as well as mine and our joint account) is looked after by his business manager.

Following receipt of the letter we sent, a copy was faxed to her and she rang him today to discuss it but he told her to ring me - thanks hun!

Anyway what line is she likely to take and will the letter ultimately cause problems with his business account???

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stephen

open another account with a different bank for your business and yourself to be on the safe side, plus that way your get free business banking.

i dont think most banks are closing people accounts plus they have to give you 14 days notice,

Hi,

I am about to do exactly the same thing with Natwest. I have a joint account and also a business account. The personal account last year was frozen due to spiraling debt probs. I had an agreed o/draft limit of £5500 and was within that but have a debt management company handling my debt. Unfortunately they sent a letter to my bank stating that i would only be bale to pay them £20 a month to reduce that overdraft.

My business manager informed me that they MAY use funds from my business to pay my personal debt and other variuos threats. Eventually i agreed a refgular payment and eventually they converted the o/draft to a loan.

I now want to get my money back - i paid a lot of fees for cancelled dd's and unpaid cheques over a period of several months but dont want to cause issues with my business account.

Would be very interested in the outcome from your letter.

Have now separated our accounts so that my p[rtner has an account with Barclays (going to start on them soon an thats another story)

:?

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Best of luck with Natwest.

I think my situation is pretty similar - i have so far calculated fees of around £1200 and am waiting on a missing couple of statements.

I dont think they will close my business account (would probably go bust and have to sue!!)

Will hopefully get my first letter away this week then sit and wait for the flak.

Have then got around £800 to claim from Barclays on behalf of my partner - situation there is ridiculous - cant get an overdraft until the account is clear for three months cant get clear cos of referral fees every month.

Guy :?

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

My initial letter to Natwest was received on 4th February and on the 8th my hubby's business manager wrote to him saying that she hoped to respond in full or if she couldn't do this, provide him with an update within a fortnight (so up on the 22nd).

Personally I doubt this will happen so where do he (or should that be me?) go from here, bearing in mind that the 40 days time limit to receive the info requested is not yet up?

Also if and when the time comes I presume we send the claim papers to the registered address in - can someone please confirm?

My initial letter to Natwest was received on 4th February and on the 8th my hubby's business manager wrote to him saying that she hoped to respond in full or if she couldn't do this, provide him with an update within a fortnight (so up on the 22nd).

Personally I doubt this will happen so where do he (or should that be me?) go from here, bearing in mind that the 40 days time limit to receive the info requested is not yet up?

Also if and when the time comes I presume we send the claim papers to the registered address in - can someone please confirm?

You could write to him and express disappointment that he hasn't managed to reply as promised and is he intending to do so or are you to take his failure as a refusal.

When you send the Good News, address it to the Branch

You could write to him and express disappointment that he hasn't managed to reply as promised and is he intending to do so or are you to take his failure as a refusal.

When you send the Good News, address it to the Branch

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Natwest a letter asking for details of charges as per the library letter a few weeks ago which was replied to stating that the charges were fair and reasonable but they were waiting for all the copies of the statements to give me the info.

Anyway I waited two weeks and then wrote another letter stating that I was still waiting for the info but I had calculated that the unfair charges amounted to £2300 and that if I didn't receive payment within 14 days I would proceed with legal proceedings.

I have now received a letter from them again saying that they again consider the charges are fair and reasonable but that to provide the information requested I need to pay them £10 - which I understand is allowable.

Given that I have stated a figure in my 2nd letter, would it would be acceptable to reply stating that I no longer require details of the charges levied against the account since I have the statements to hand (even though they were told this in the 2nd letter) and will start legal proceedings should I note receive payment within 7 days (as a week has now passed)

thanks in advance.

If you have a deailed list of charges, then I suggest that you take it a bit cooly.

Send the prelim letter first 14 days

then letter before action 14 days

then the claim

I think Nat West do play for time. I have a small potential claim against them for an account where charges stopped just over 6 years ago. I no longer have any account details except for a solicitors letter. To cut a long story short Nat West are deliberately being unhelpful in sorting out the account details in the hope of running out the clock. I think this is one instance where I will take the Stephen approach and sue for an estimated amount.

In short, I think you have to be quite aggressive to get Nat West to respond, particularly if they can save money by delaying things.

You just follow the steps 1,2,3.

Don't be diverted or interrupted.

Set the pace. They can catch up if they like. It's up to them

• 2 weeks later...

Natwest wrote to me asking for the £10 to provide details of the charges; sent the £10 last week with the cheque clearing on Monday of this week.

Came home last night to a letter from a department called the Retail Regulatory Risk stating that the requested information is ready and could I send £10 for the release of the information....argggggggggggggggg!

So today I spoke to the business manager who deals with our account and she has denied ever seeing the cheque/letter......so how the hell did it get cashed then - especially as she said she was specifically looking out for it!!!!!

So where do I go from here - do I sue on the basis of my figures (and if so can I claim my £10 back or should I wait until Natwest pull their finger out????

Spoke to the business manager today and apparently she has spoken to the retail regulatory risk department and they are sending the details in the post today - so in the space of 48hrs we have gone from give us £10 and then we'll give you the info, to we haven't seen your cheque to the info is on its way.

The business manager also mentioned that the matter is now out of her hands and that all communicaton should be sent to the above department ......has anyone else had communication from this department so is it just me?

I know I can sue for the charges that were levied for returned, unpaid, direct debits but what about these:

1. referral charges (what ever they are)

2. Unauthorised borrowing monthly fees

I'm guessing that (1) is ok to claim for but not sure about (2).

Oh and of course interest on the charges!

I've had a really cr@p day at work - even hubby was gobsmacked at my day, so its not female hormones running wild! - and as I can't kick the cat..........

Having looked in the library section, it gives the sort of wording that I need to put on the claim form but - and I finally arrive at the question I need answering ! - do I need to know the date hubby signed the agreement opening the account can I just say that he has a contract with the bank that is operated on their normal terms and conditions?

• 2 weeks later...

Was busy filling in the particulars of the claim and after I had done that the form asks do I wish to reserve the right to claim interest...which I do.

Anyway it then throws up a box telling me that I need to quote something in the claim box but this speil mentions a daily rate. Do I need to quote a daily rate and if so how do I calculate it?

Looking at a claim for £2130 plus interest.

2130x8% divided by 365 days = xx pence per day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks