You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Azuma

Lowells (fools?)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3965 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hey guys,

just to give you a bit of background, i recieved a letter from lowells stating they had taken over the debt for Barclays etc etc... this was dated on the original letter as being from Oct 2002, to which i sent the SB letter.

They responded with a letter stating that the account was not SB as a payment was "attempted" (wtf? lol) in Feb 2005...

I have subsequently decided to ignore any other correspondance from them, until they can prove this was acknowledged when they claim it was (2005) - after all, once a SB letter is sent, they should not contact me until they have PROOF that it isn't.. as so many of you have said, it's their job to prove it isn't SB not my job to prove it is :D

So, here's the funny thing that shows them for the FOOLS they are.

The letter i mentioned above (stating the account was not SB) was dated for the 17th July 2009, which i recieved on the 20th. I then however recieved EXACTLY the same letter this morning, dated exactly the same day, by EXACTLY the same person (Samantha Barnard) but the funny thing is the first was sent on the 17th July and this morning's was sent on the 20th July. What complete idiots they are, she must've printed out two letters on the same day, and subsequently sent them 5 days apart.

I just found this really amusing, and thought it showed them for the jokers they are.

Anyone else had a similar experience with these Leeds Losers?

Az

Edited by Azuma

Report them to oft and trading standards and to your mp

sounds like a plan DCAKiller, anyone got a template? :D

Lowell are legends, I got a letter from them on 14th March saying I hadn't paid blah blah so I responded only to be told that the debt had been passed back to the original creditor on Jan 09 - I asked why I had a letter dated after that period and funnily enough I have not had a reply.

Needless to say complaints have been made.

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Lowells are only legends in their own minds.

They contacted me a couple of years ago concerning an old cap 1 account which was past the 6 years. One statute barred letter later and they closed the account. :)

Does Nigel Beavon still work there?

i'm sending this off today, my local MP is my Fiancee's aunt, so i'm going to push her to take action haha, hope they get what they deserve!! :D

Similar story with lowells, they claim i made an attempted payment and therefore the debt is not SB. they have sent me a letter stating they will pass it on to their legal team within 7 days to being CCJ proceedings.

small problem thought, its been erased from my credit file as its over six years. if they do take CCJ action, can i fight back by showing my credit file and the fact that it no longer exists as the defaiult date is beyong six years?

Just ask them for proof of this Attempted payment :p The onus is on them to prove you owe anything and the CCJ is probs just a threat as usual with them..

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Similar story with lowells, they claim i made an attempted payment and therefore the debt is not SB. they have sent me a letter stating they will pass it on to their legal team within 7 days to being CCJ proceedings.

this will be scary hamptons desks 3.

small problem thought, its been erased from my credit file as its over six years. if they do take CCJ action, can i fight back by showing my credit file and the fact that it no longer exists as the defaiult date is beyong six years?

do you have a thread on this.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Its not for you to prove its stat barred, its for them to prove a payment or an acceptance of the debt within the 6 year period has been made. Once you have asked them to prove its not stat barred the ball is in their court so to speak :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

wtf is a attempted payment.

have they seen you in the post office B4 you changed your mind about paying.

cretins.

SAM

do you have a thread on this.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

yeah i got my own thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198427-am-i-clear-lowell.html

but im not wasting my time as i am confident that it is SB. As someone stated, they have to prove that you paid not the other way round.

Its not for you to prove its stat barred, its for them to prove a payment or an acceptance of the debt within the 6 year period has been made. Once you have asked them to prove its not stat barred the ball is in their court so to speak :-D

S.

sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread but our circumstances are very similar: Ref: ATTEMPTED PAYMENTS

Since i sent the SB letter, they replied with the Attempted payment therefore it is not SB. After that i have ignored them and will continue to do so (unless you guys recommend to do something?)

sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread but our circumstances are very similar: Ref: ATTEMPTED PAYMENTS

Since i sent the SB letter, they replied with the Attempted payment therefore it is not SB. After that i have ignored them and will continue to do so (unless you guys recommend to do something?)

thats not proof, thats a statement made in a letter. Proof is a paying in slip, a record of a direct debit, a receipt etc etc. A record of a declined direct debit or bounced cheque (possibly!) if they still assert of an attempted payment. Stand firm in my opinion until they provide tangible proof. Also worth reporting them to the OFT for going against debt collection guidelines.

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Further proof (as if it were needed) that the leeds loosers are totally incompetent.

Less than an hour ago postie delivers me a letter from Red Debt Collection Svcs advising they have been appointed by "their client" (yawn) Lowell Portfolio "to recover an outstanding balance owed to them after they purchased your original debt from Capital One on 01/06/2009"

Now considering I have been corresponding with them since March over this issue & put the account in dispute on 24/04/2009 after a failure to respond to a CCA request am I being psychic or is it that one of us can't even get the date they bought the debt right......;)

Morph

maybe they attempted to un-bar it for you by making an attempted payment in your name but the attempted attempt failed cause they did not attempt it in the right way, so I would be tempted to attempt to make them prove that the atempted attempt actually achieved what they attempted:D

somethig along the lines of

Dear Cretins

Thank you for pointing out that an ATTEMPT to pay was ATTEMPTED on date - I would be curious to know how this ATTEMPTED ATTEMP was ATTEMPTED and who actually ATTEMPTED to ATTEMPT to make this ATTEMPTED payment.

It certainly was not me I would be very foolish to acutally make an ATTEMPTED payment for a debt that is alledgedly mine, so the question remains, who did try to ATTEMPT this ATTEMPTED ATTEMP at making an ATTEMPTED Payment.

When you discover the the identity of the ATTEMPTED payee pleaseinform me as I would like to report them to the police for identity theft for making the ATTEMPTED ATTEMPT at the ATTEMPTED ATTEMP to ATTEMPT the payment.

I hope that this ATTEMPT to set the record straight reference the ATTEMPTED ATTEMPT to ATTEMPT to make an ATTEMPTED payment is understood.

regards

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

regards

haha I just spat out my coffee!

S.

Deal with your debts:

I have received a very interesting reply from Lowells recently I will try and scan it before sending it to OFT who are already investigating a complaint of mine against them along with companies house.

Basically lowells contacted about an old O2 debt - know they have no proof of ownership of this so sent the prove it letter - Lowells responded with we are looking in to this but cannot provide proof at this time......

5 months letter Red send a letter saying they are the new 'owners' and include a screen shot showing an outstanding balance....no customer details, no signatures, no contract, nothing.

So I respond with not proof letter and that claiming they are the new 'owners' of the debt when they are infact the same company as lowell is a breach of OFT guidelines in not being honest who they are etc

Lowells have since responded saying they are the 'owners' and that red was contracted to work on their behalf and they ARE NOT the same company but mearly work together to pursue debts legally owed to them.

Hmmmmm am I really that stupid Lowells? Are the OFT really that stupid? Is companies house that are already investigating you for pretending to be O2 that stupid

You picked the wrong lady to mess with - IDIOTS!!

I have received a very interesting reply from Lowells recently I will try and scan it before sending it to OFT who are already investigating a complaint of mine against them along with companies house.

Basically lowells contacted about an old O2 debt - know they have no proof of ownership of this so sent the prove it letter - Lowells responded with we are looking in to this but cannot provide proof at this time......

5 months letter Red send a letter saying they are the new 'owners' and include a screen shot showing an outstanding balance....no customer details, no signatures, no contract, nothing.

So I respond with not proof letter and that claiming they are the new 'owners' of the debt when they are infact the same company as lowell is a breach of OFT guidelines in not being honest who they are etc

Lowells have since responded saying they are the 'owners' and that red was contracted to work on their behalf and they ARE NOT the same company but mearly work together to pursue debts legally owed to them.

Hmmmmm am I really that stupid Lowells? Are the OFT really that stupid? Is companies house that are already investigating you for pretending to be O2 that stupid

You picked the wrong lady to mess with - IDIOTS!!

they are still in breach as they have sub-contracted another firm (yeah right!) to collect on a debt which they were asked to prove and yet unable to. Clear breach of OFT guidelines whichever way they go :-D

S.

Deal with your debts:

hi andie

ill now have a dig

helping brother out ref mbna

he got a nice letter from lowell saying the debt was now belonged to them.

in the same envelope was a letter from sainsburys saying they had sold the debt to lowells, thats righ, same envelope.

i have 100%proof both letters came off the same printer at lowells.

digging into how lowells can use company letterheads, realy bad cut and paste, and signatures from the oc.

by the way

i delievered 10 of the exact same letters to people that morning so it seems lowells have got a load of hbos accounts

wtf is a attempted payment.

have they seen you in the post office B4 you changed your mind about paying.

cretins.

SAM

What on earth is an 'ATTEMPTED' payment? How can you make an 'ATTEMPTED' payment?

You either make the payment or you don't. I think they are up to their tricks again. Report the fools to the OFT.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

hi andie

ill now have a dig

helping brother out ref mbna

he got a nice letter from lowell saying the debt was now belonged to them.

in the same envelope was a letter from sainsburys saying they had sold the debt to lowells, thats righ, same envelope.

i have 100%proof both letters came off the same printer at lowells.

digging into how lowells can use company letterheads, realy bad cut and paste, and signatures from the oc.

by the way

i delievered 10 of the exact same letters to people that morning so it seems lowells have got a load of hbos accounts

They did the same thing with O2 - i will PM you the email of the bloke at companies house investigating it if you like -especially if the sainsbury's letter had sainsburies company registration number on it along with Lowells data matrix - a big no no!!

Further proof (as if it were needed) that the leeds loosers are totally incompetent.

Less than an hour ago postie delivers me a letter from Red Debt Collection Svcs advising they have been appointed by "their client" (yawn) Lowell Portfolio "to recover an outstanding balance owed to them after they purchased your original debt from Capital One on 01/06/2009"

Now considering I have been corresponding with them since March over this issue & put the account in dispute on 24/04/2009 after a failure to respond to a CCA request am I being psychic or is it that one of us can't even get the date they bought the debt right......;)

Morph

:Dthey were on my credit file as trace 18 months before contact they then tried to make up a payment 3 years after my last payment to stop it being statute barred,proved wrong as the date they chose i was in fact thousands of miles away,as passport showed.

they also bombarded with letters and calls for at least 4 months,before the date they claimed to have brought,maybe they were confused as this was actually a sunday:lol:

and 25months after oc claimed to sold it to them:eek:

SAM

haha, this thread has definitely envoked alot of funny comments, with regards to an ATTEMPTED payment, i have no bloody idea what the hell that means. if this ever went to court i would point out that they have acknowledged no payment, but they have said i attempted to pay and how on earth do they know that? haha, i've been laughing the whole way through this thread!!! You guys are so on the ball it's unreal, so glad to have people like you lot around.

Az