• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wonga need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a wonga loan last year but did not pay back on agreed date since then i have arranged to pay them 43.75 fortnightly but now cannot afford to pay that i have already canceled my bank card do i now contact the lady who is dealing with it to try and see if i can make the payments smaller or wait until the pass it to a dca please help

Firs thing you need to do is contact Wonga, the person you dealt with in the beginning to set up your arrangement.

Explain what has happened and then tell them what you can pay.

If agreed get it in writing etc.,

Once you have done that get back here and let us know what happened.

Ask for their bank details to pay money into their bank account, and ask for a reference number to put on it.

I have their bank details if you need them.

They may request a break down of what you have coming in and going out.

How long has your agreement been running?

bub1

I have now had an email saying that it will be their last one than it will be going to their solicitors i have tried all week to got the person who was dealing with it but all i get is that person is not in the office what do i do now

Hiya,

Bub set me on the road to sorting it out with this lot and they do appear to have been prepared to accept payment arrangements with most folk although you have to be persistent.

Between us on here we have bank account details for the firm, specific email addresses (Bub went straight to theire CEO!:cool:) and eventually some success in reasonable repayment agreements. Not sure it is good form to post specifics up on here but have a look round the Wonga threads and a well placed PM or two will gain you more specific info for the company. I would not worry about the "solicitors" at this stage, part of the tactics to scare you into paying more than you can afford.

Best thing is to persist with realistic and affordable repayment proposals and not be swayed. Start paying them when you have the account details (with reference to track payments and ideally by Standing order so no funny business with your bank account). Do not provide I & E as they will almost certainly not be interested or take account of your priority debts. Advise them that if this arrives in court they are going to get pro-rata payment which is likely to be less than you have offered in the first place. Experience so far has been they will agree to this - if not post back and I would think folk would suggest treat as disputed debt (amount owed and needs to be repayed but dispute how much and realisitc time frames).

I am still not aware that any of these have gone as far as court or to date even defaults on file.

Hang in there and stick to your guns :)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Be persist with Wonga.

Dont worry about solicitors etc., they will agree a repayment plan you just have to keep at it. As was said I went straight to the top after fishing around for the details.

If you dont have any joy, pm me and we will see what can be done.

Bub1

hi bub i have received email as well form wonga as final deman and the same they threatened to take me to court.i've been paying them for almost 3 months now of what i can afford.they wont respond directly to all my emails that i've been paying monthly.i cant call them as i cant afford it.any advise please.

Hi Honey,

When you say you have been paying them for three months is this with their agreement?

If it is then I would keep paying, email them back reminding they agreed to the repayment arrangement that you are maintaining (if you can quote the original date and text of an email confirming this all the better), insist that they respond confirming this is the case and wait for their next step.

If it is not, I would still keep paying the monthly amount you can afford but respond with some of the tools at your disposal here (if not already) - CCA request, telephone harrasment letter, doorstep visit letter (or merge the two). Complaints - OFT, FSA, Trading standards. Tell them you are disputing the charges which have been added since they have frustrated your attempts to maintain a resonable payment plan by their refusal to respond.

If they do actually get brave enough to take you to court they would have to justify interest rates and be open to attack around unfair contract terms and to now experience suggests they simply will not go there. Also bear in mind that if you have worked out a realistic I&E (either yourself, with the help of folk here or via one of the free providers) and have been paying them the amount you can afford from that it is VERY unlikely that any judge would find in their favour. Going to court in many ways potentially then makes them more vunerable.

In the meantime, keep away from speaking with them (unless you are able to guarantee that that the only thing the conversation is about is confirming they are accepting your payment arrangement) and hang in there :)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Honey, what you need to do is write (Email) them and say that you have been paying x amount and they have never refused payment. Also, state that you cannot afford what they ask that is why you are paying what you can. Then get them to set up a payment plan.

Do not ring them. Email everything you have copies then.

Tell them you will be talking to government bodies with the view to having them investigated as they are taking your money but refuse to set up a regular plan.

Bub1

• 1 month later...

I think you should not be fooled with this email etc.,

If you still intend to pay back the loan you had with them either put the money into an account so that you can say to them if they chase that you want to pay the money back and have so much towards it. Or pay it direct into their bank account putting the reference as your name.

bub1

i received an email thanking me for paying back my loans which i have not when i went in to the site and logged in it was going to let me reloan which im not going too

I also got that email yesterday - they most likey had another system email error. They sent me another email today saying it was an error and they will get a DCA on my case - but this account is still in dispute with the FOS ( who are taking their time):rolleyes:

I also got that email yesterday - they most likey had another system email error. They sent me another email today saying it was an error and they will get a DCA on my case - but this account is still in dispute with the FOS ( who are taking their time):rolleyes:

Hi, write to Wonga (email) and state that your case is with the FOS and if they refer your account to DCA then you will also tell the DCA that your case is with the FOS. You could try chasing up the FOS to see what is happening.

Have you actually paid wonga anything?

Bub1

ditto with email. Can say much but sent them a very nice reply saying it was good to hear from them for a change. ERROL you should be consistant in what you say! YES THAT IS A MESSAGE TO YOU ERROL DAMRON or whoever you are!