• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Co-Op Ex Northern Rock- Is this enforceable?

roygoodbeat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update. After passing the account to a debt collection agency, the debt collection agency has come back and said that the application form is the creidt agreement. They have stated that once the application form is signed, it becomes the credit agreement. Does not sound right. Anyone had any experience with this or could re lokk at the scan I have of the agreement?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update. After passing the account to a debt collection agency, the debt collection agency has come back and said that the application form is the creidt agreement. They have stated that once the application form is signed, it becomes the credit agreement. Does not sound right. Anyone had any experience with this or could re lokk at the scan I have of the agreement?

Now had a demand from yet another debt collection agent.Any advice?

I have only received an illegible copy of my first loan with them. I know I wasforcedtotake PPI with them, but I cannot read the amount. I have asked on a number of occassions for a clear copy and a copy of the PPI insurance policy. To date, I still have not received this. I originally made this request on the 27th April. They did not process thiswithin the 40 days. Even the Information Commissioner found them guilty of breaking this rule.

Any advice what to do next?

I am going to put in a claim for the ppi, even though the old loan was taken out in 2001 and closed in 2004. At the time they insisted that I had to take the ppi and I could not cancel it. Ihave been waiting since the 27th April for a copy that I can read, the amount I paid and a copy of the insurance policy. I have written a number of occasions since but stillno reply.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone I have a NR cc that was transfered to the co-op and I was told it was not enforceable by a solicitor who was acting for a claims co now I have just heard that they have sent terms and conditions that were on the back of the form I signed.It says on my paperwork rerms and conditions on the reverse but how do I know that what they sent was on the reverse as the cca I got looks like a screen print.Does anybody know how I can obtain a proper copy of the original as I am sure they dont have it.The solicitor has backed out saying that as they have sent terms and conditions they were probebly on the back but they couldnt copy them properly,yer right.anybody any ideas.

Same with myself. They have sent T&C's on what would have been on the reverse. They will not confirm one way or another if they have the original document to back this up.

I am still waiting for them to take action so that I can then go through the court process. That's when they will have to declare if they have it or not. The alterative is to make an offer to inspect the original document at one of there offices. They probally won't respond but at lease it adds to your case.

When was your agreement taken out?

• 3 months later...

I went into arrears with my loan repayments. On checking the loan agreement, I have seen that this is a fully legal document and complies with the consumer Credit Act. This was taken out in 2008 and replaced another loan with them. (The documents on this did not comply with the Act).

I have made arrangements to pay a small amount every month.

I have however, found my default notice from June last year. The date of the letter is 09th June 2009. It states the correct amount of arrears but the date in order to rectify this is exactly 14 days later, 23rd June 2009.

Am I correct in saying that this default notice, which complies with all other requirements is in fact faulty? They then terminated the account. Am I only legally liable for the arrears at the time?

If so, what is your advice and what should I write.

If only 14 days have been allowed from date of Default Notice to remedy of breach then you have not been given sufficient time as no allowance for posting has been factored in.

You are entitled to 14 clear days.

postal times are

1st class = 2 business days

2nd class - 4 business days (this inlcudes UK mail and TNT type mail services)

Check the date of the DN. If it was a Friday, then you should have been allowed an extra 2 days for the weekend.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Then you havent been given sufficient time. However, if you made any payments after that date, then it could be argued that you remedied the breach and they will be at liberty to issue a further Default Notice. In fact they could possibly do that anyway right up until such times as they either terminate the account or issue a claim. If they were to terminate the account without having issued a valid Default Notice then there is every chance it would be worth pointing out that something was wrong :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I received a termination notice after the default notice was issued. I wrote to them advising them that I would make payments of £25 per month, however, they passed this onto a debt collection agent after I started doing this. It is with the debt collection agent that the payments have been agreed with.

IMHO, I dont think you will get much mileage out of the Default Notice. The agreement is almost certainly bound to be accurate if it was entered into in 2008. Unless there is an issue with say Payment protection Insurance which could have been mis sold.

BCOBS

Just a bit of advice. I have an Ex Northern Rock CC, now with Co-Op credit card. Fell into hard times last year, went into arrears. I now want to sort some things out and establish where I am.

I did the subject access request and section 77/78 request. This is a copy of my credit agreement, which I am told does not comply to the regs:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/roygoodbeat/COPNORTHERNROCK.jpg

I also had a default and termination notice last year.

The default notice was dated Saturday 8th August 2009. The arrears amount was correct but the date that the arrears needed to be paid by was Saturday 22nd August 2009. I also received a termination notice which was dated Saturday 22nd August 2009.

I am I correct in saying that the default notice is also faulty?

I want to write to the debt collection agency that have been writing to me. What should I write, if anything?

pers i'd ignore them

the agreement is not an agreement, its an application form

the default notice is invalid as it does not give a clear 14 days since reciept [i bet] and i bet the figure on the dn is wrong as well because i bet you have unlawful charges [like over limit/late payment fees] inc in the figure it quotes

they have also terminated before the exp of the [invalid] default notice so's could only EVER get the ARREARS even if it did go to court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If I am only liable for the arrears, I understand that this is less unlawful charges and unlawful termination. Can I also claim against breach of my subject access request and breach of my section 78 request.

Should I write or wait until (If they do) take this to court. Would like to try and settle this.

no idea on the last bit

but pers i'd wait.

if they go to court they'll only get the arrears

then once that is done

reclaim ALL the unlawful charges

you could do it the otherway around,

but, i'd wait and see if it gets near a court

which i VERY much doubt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no idea on the last bit

but pers, i'd not reclaim charges before court [if that happens]

if you do it now, then p'haps all that will happen is they are off-set against whatever is claimed that you owe.

if you do it after court

then atleast you will see the balance go down and poss get some in your pocket too.

any idea of what they claim to be the arrears and what your claim might be.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

and they

I will sit tight on this and see how it progresses.

I have checked through the T&C's that they have sent.

1) Co-Operative Bank- Contains hardly any of the prescribed terms

2) Northern Rock- An internet print out. The card was originally tied to the Northern Rock together mortgage so these are not relevant to the account I had.