You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Katrina_1983

Natwest direct debit help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am having some financial issues and have just realized that I don't have enough money to cover a direct debit which is going to come out of my account tomorrow. I am £4.19 short. I've looked around but can't find a straight answer. If I pay £5 into my account first thing in the morning will it cover the DD or will I be charged? I've heard Natwest has a 2.30pm cut off point but other people contradict this. I've gone overdrawn several times and have been trying hard not to, I seriously haven't got the money to cover more charges. Thanks for any help.

banking does not trad end till 15/;30

so if you pay cash over the counter that should be ok

why not ask when you do it?

or they have 24hr banking phone them up now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

As much as I'd love to talk to them(!) I have no landline and no phone credit at the moment. Hopefully your right and it'll be fine, thanks very much for your reply. I'd be lost without this forum!

You need to make the person at the cashier desk aware that you are paying funds to cover the amount going out and ask them to confirm that the money WILL BE PAID. If they bounce it then you have their name and time you went in so they would have to refund any charges taken.

They use an auto sweep facility which cuts off at 14:30 same day the item is going out. I am assuming by tomorrow you mean today ie Thursday.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Yeah I ment Thursday. Just so anyone else in this situation knows apparently with Natwest you can pay money into your account to cover a DD thats coming out that same day. I paid cash first thing this morning and the woman at the desk said it'd definitely cover the DD. Thanks again to those who replied, I just watched a dispatches program about debt collectors and I thought of this place. Not in that situation myself but its nice to know advice is here 24/7 for financial problems. You guys deserve a medal!